Saturday, August 1, 2015

A New Beginning

By now you know the story.  Tim left his job of 20 years to pursue his own business.  He also began working at Kellogg's, on 2nd shift so he would be free during the day to build his business.

                                  

A friend who installs septic systems and inspects them, invited Tim to come along and learn how to do the inspections.  That lead Tim to a certification course with the PSMA.  He found out yesterday that he passed his test with a 94%.  From now until the ground freezes, he'll be doing inspections.  Over the winter he'll do other work, and he wants to be available to help widows and seniors with household jobs, such as replacing appliances, hanging a ceiling fan, painting.  Those jobs that get to be too much to do, but need to be done.  

The Lord has CLEARLY lead every step of the way.  Let me share a story with you.

One day, Tim was feeling discouraged and he said, "Lord, your going to have to make this happen."  About an hour later, our friend called with the offer to sub-contract with his business doing inspections full time.  God answered that prayer of his FAST!

We are going forward in confidence that we are following the Lord's direction for us.  It's exciting and terrifying all at the same time!  

I decided that we needed to celebrate this new beginning and last night being Tim's last night at Kellogg's, I called some friends and had a surprise party for him.  At 11:35 pm Tim pulled into the driveway to friends and family waiting to celebrate with us!  We have awesome friends!








We were up until after 1:00 am, and it was worth it! Thanks to our nearby friends for celebrating with us, and thanks to all of you who are celebrating with us as well! 



7 comments:

  1. So it begins! A wonderful faith journey to see God provide and He will. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you and Tim. What a great opportunity the Lord has provided. I couldn't help but notice the Van Gogh art work in the one photo. He's one of my favorite artists and I have used his painting techniques in my own art work in recent years

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really like Van Gogh. The print you see, while in the living room, belongs to Sarah. My parents go it for her for her birthday. They have Sunflowers and Starry Night in their bedroom and there was not room for The Cafe Terrace, so it's in the living room. We love the bright colors he used and the way he put the paint on so thick.

      Delete
  3. It's too bad you live almost six hours away. As a widow, I find it difficult to know who to call when I need help with my house. I've been waiting over two months for our electrical expert at church to come and look at some problems. I've decided I will have to ask he and his wife over for dinner! I shouldn't complain because God always leads me to the right person when I have questions about something or need a recommendation of someone to hire. Having a realtor in the church helps a lot because they always have contacts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great reason for staying up late to celebrate:) I know that with God's help, this will be a great adventure for all of you! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea to plan a late night party! I am sure Tim was surprised! This new step is really something to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea to celebrate his last night as an employee! In the scriptures it is very clear that helping widows pleases the Lord. I have no doubt He will bring great provision for your family as Tim steps into this new day!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!