Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, August 24, 2026

Weekend

 

                                                                                source


I got to hold and love on my new grandbaby again on Saturday evening. It was wonderful. She had been fed, and was ready for a wee nap. 

On Saturday, I mostly puttered. Now that our bedroom is pretty well done, I need to get more artwork hung up in there and in the office!

Still need to find Tim a desk. I want wood, so I am keeping my eyes on FB Marketplace. The office is a small room so we can't have a huge desk in there.

We had a big thunderstorm overnight Saturday into Sunday and it woke us up! I love a storm.

We had rain this morning again, and I am beginning to see that the light is shifting from the strong light of summer to a softer autumnal light. Some of the early turning trees and shrubs like sumac are beginning to turn. 

My Limelights are getting their autumn blush on them and I love it. We still have weeks of summer to go, but I always count autumn as having started when it becomes September.

Soon it will be time to turn off the air conditioner, and we'll be able to open the windows to the fresh autumn air.

Did you have a good weekend?

3 comments:

Donna said...

We seriously need rain here...it's just hot! 107*
I can not Wait for Fall!
Happy week!
hugs
Donna

Kim said...

Congratulations! Babies are wonderful!!

Cheryl said...

Loving on a new grandbaby is one of the most precious ways to spend time! Congratulations on her safe arrival. I am sure that you're all smitten!

You're on a treasure hunt of sorts, looking for a wooden desk and art that you love. Part of the fun is in the hunting, isn't it? I think so!

Welcome, October!

  Pinterest "September slipped by into the gold and crimson graciousness of October." Lucy Maud Montgomery I don't know about ...