Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, September 14, 2026

Weekend

 


I was busy in the kitchen this weekend. I spent most of the day making 5 dozen vanilla cupcakes with strawberry frosting. The best strawberry flavor!

Here is an image from the website where I got the recipe!


I found the recipe on Pinterest. I used a box mix for the cupcakes, but I did make this cake from scratch after my daughter had her baby girl!

The cupcakes were for a baby shower on Sunday, best friends of my daughter and son in law, and they were having a huge shower! 80 guests! Women, men, and kids attended. My daughter had asked me if I was willing to make the cupcakes, as she is just had her baby four weeks ago!

She said they were delicious! Someone else made Lemon cupcakes!

After I finished the cupcakes, I made dinner, then frosted the cupcakes, and then I made quiche to be cooked for breakfast on Sunday!

Sunday was missions Sunday at our church with our team who just were in Honduras spoke. God used them in practical and spiritual ways, and God blessed the team in many ways, too!

Tim and I grabbed some lunch on our way home (no grands this week). When we got home, I started to decorate for fall. I also made some small changes in my kitchen, to declutter the counters a bit, and see how it might function a bit better.

I did go to Hobby Lobby Saturday morning (before the kitchen marathon!) and got a few fall picks to refresh my favorite wreath, I also got a new piece of art for the living room wall. I'm changing a few things around, and I like it!

Today, I spent most of the day out as my dad had two annual appointments up at the V.A. We are so thankful for the care that he receives.

The weather is delightful. We had blue skies, white puffy clouds, and mild temperatures today. Autumn is here! 




No comments:

Weekend

  I was busy in the kitchen this weekend. I spent most of the day making 5 dozen vanilla cupcakes with strawberry frosting. The best strawbe...