Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, September 28, 2026

Weekend

 


What did I do this weekend? I slept in on Saturday, puttered around my house, printed off knitting and crochet baby hat patterns, made dinner, watched some episodes of a British detective show with Tim.

Do you want to know what I made? It's a favorite around here, and we've been making this recipe in my family for over forty years.

CHICKEN OLE

Cook and shred chicken - enough to fill a 9x13 pan. I use a bag of tenderloins. 

Saute a can of green chilis and some onion in butter, then add 2 cans of cream of chicken soup (I make my own) to the chili's and onion in the pan. Mix well. 

Pour this mixture over the chicken and mix together. Top with cut up tortillas - I use flour tortillas but corn is fine, too. Top with shredded cheddar cheese and bake at 350 degrees until the mixture is bubbly, the cheese has melted and browned a bit. 

Easy peasy and delicious.

Sunday was church. I was in Sunday School. I help every other week with 3-5th grade. They are a lively and fun bunch! I got to hold my new granddaughter and she and I had a talk and I got another smile from her! She's a doll! Tim and I picked up lunch for us and my parents. We ate together at home. 

We talked for a while after lunch, then we napped for a bit. Tim doesn't get very many days where he gets to relax, so we try to make Sundays restful.

I love the photo above but as I look at it I can tell its from before we put the addition on the house. The front window was replaced the year after the addition went on.

I have a birthday this weekend and we are going on a road trip. Arrangements are in place for the house and the cat as my parents are going with us. It's going to be fun.

I hope you had a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Weekend

  What did I do this weekend? I slept in on Saturday, puttered around my house, printed off knitting and crochet baby hat patterns, made din...