Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, September 21, 2026

Weekend

 



I hope you had a great weekend. I had a good one. Not busy, I mostly puttered around on Saturday. I put a roast into the crock pot with beef broth and small potatoes and carrots. I added salt, pepper, garlic powder and a packet of onion soup mix. It cooked all day and made the best dinner!

I also reorganized some things in the kitchen. I'm always a fan of making our work spaces function the best they can for how we live now.

Our kitchen is very white, and I use color as an accent. Here are a few photos from the summer.




Of course, the flags are gone now and I have repotted both plants which have grown a lot this year. I may buy new curtains to put in here for the autumn season, then put these back for Christmas. I might use some tea towels like this.


Sunday, we took two of our grands to church with us, and then after we took them home, we met up with our local daughter and son in law for lunch. It was so nice to get some time with them. We are all so busy, they with a new baby and a business, and Tim and I with his business. Baby girl is a month old already. She's precious.

Tim went to check out a car with our oldest daughter and her friend in the late afternoon, and I had a nap in my chair. Lol.

Then we finished watching the first season of a series on Britbox. It's good but there is language. 

The temperatures are moderating here, and the leaves are changing. We've had rain off and on this weekend and it's supposed to continue through the week, with tomorrow having heavy rain.

I started and finished a scarf this week. It is a crochet pattern and so easy. I made a different color but here is a link to the pattern.


If you can chain and do a slip stitch you can make this pretty scarf!

I want to work on a baby hat for my new granddaughter. My TN daughter and my daughter in law are both crocheters and they make things for their kids.

Well, I've chatted on quite a bit. Tell me what you've been up to lately.



No comments:

Weekend

  I hope you had a great weekend. I had a good one. Not busy, I mostly puttered around on Saturday. I put a roast into the crock pot with be...