Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Tuesday, September 8, 2026

Welcome Autumn

 


In my life autumn begins at the beginning of September. Schools are back in session, the turning of the leaves has begun, the local produce stands have pumpkins. By starting now, we get three good months of autumn for decor and coziness. I'm all for that, how about you?

Saturday was a great puttering day for me, here at the house. We've had guests non stop since August 9th, so I haven't had my usual puttering. 

Our Sarah stayed over for a few days to have time with her sisters, TN daughter was in town, and to hold our new little grand. She left on Sunday. She had stripped the bed, so on Monday I put fresh sheets on the bed, fluffed the pillows, and with the weather being amazing, I opened the windows and aired out the room!

This week is school with Kam, and I have a co-op meeting tonight. I'm hosting a back to co-op tea on Saturday morning, but so far we only have one person signed up. I think more will sign up after the meeting tonight.

I'm in my 32nd year of home education. Amazing to think about. I've committed to finishing high school with my oldest grand, and then I'll be retired. That will be weird. It's been hard work, and joy, and I do not regret a minute of it!


Autumn puts me in a cozy mood, and I love to have candles on and books to read. Speaking of books, have any of you read "The Unselected Journals of Emma M. Lion," by Beth Brower? Oh, how I love these books. I actually listened to them on Audible. Hopefully the next book will be released soon. I also want to collect the books.

There is so much more to savor and enjoy this autumn. I hope you'll take the time to sit in the fresh air, eat outside, and bask in the beauty of God's creation.


"Seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter will never cease while the earth remains." Genesis 8:22




5 comments:

Kim said...

That's a lot of homeschooling, Deanna! Kudos to you! I hope you enjoy every moment of fall.

Donna said...

It’s wonderful when the kiddos come for a visit! Sounds like you all enjoyed the time together.
I am SO ready for Fall!
Have a sweet weekend …
Hugs
Donna 🌷

Connie said...

I am so happy that I found your post today . . . I first typed this morning, then looked at the clock, LOL. This is the first day in so many that I haven't had to set my alarm and here I am enjoying a lazy day still in my PJs at 1 PM. Thank you for a lovely read . . . I am grateful to live in an area where the 4 seasons are so different and although it's a desert area the changes are significant. Our mornings are getting crisper and of course the days are getting shorter and if you've never seen a sagebrush covered in glistening morning frost believe me it's beautiful :)
Have a wonderful and blessed day, Connie :)

Connie said...

P.S. Now that I've noticed the clock, I am going to get dressed, LOL.

Instagram.com/melissasnotes said...

Pretty photos for your Autumn header! Wow, so many years of teaching the next generation, good for you!

Weekend

  What did I do this weekend? I slept in on Saturday, puttered around my house, printed off knitting and crochet baby hat patterns, made din...