Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Martin Luther Quote

"What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow." -Martin Luther

I love this thought. I do not often think that my dish washing, making beds, cooking meals etc, is sacred and well-pleasing to God. But it is.

May you find joy in your Sacred work today.

3 comments:

  1. I read a devotion once where this woman was cleaning her tub and she had gotten no appreciation and then she realized that she did this to serve her family. I must remind myself of this frequently. But you know, appreciation is nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that quote! I don't think I've ever thought of what I do in that way.

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dee, check out my blog, I nominated you for The Nice Award!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  This lovely Calathea that I bought in Nashville last month is doing well in my living room. It does need to be repotted, and I think I'...