Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Tea Last Night

Last night I hosted my annual Tea for my co-op moms, in my home. I served scones with mock Devonshire Cream, Lemon Curd, Strawberry Jam, Robertson's Orange Shred, and Black Raspberry Jam. I also served cookies, and some mini chocolate souffles.

The reaction of the ladies is always great, they feel special. Some of the ladies are uncomfortable with the fine china tea cups and joke "where are the paper cups?" Other ladies bring their own mug. That's fine.

It is a delight for me to do this for them every year. I bring out my glass plates, tea cups, tea pots, creamer and sugar. We use cloth napkins. There are candles and soft lighting which helps set a relaxing mood.

Most ladies do not take time to do special things for themselves, so they really have a good time.

I thought I would share my recipe for scones with you.

Sweet Scones

2 1/2 cups of flour

1 Tblsp baking powder

8 Tblsp cold butter (cut up)

1/3 cup sugar

2/3 cup milk.

Heat oven to 425 degrees.

Put flour and baking powder in a large bowl, mix well. Add butter & cut in with a pastry bleder or rub in with your fingers until it looks like fine granules. Add sugar, toss to mix. Add milk & stir with a fork until soft dough forms. Form the dough into a ball. On a lightly floured board, knead dough about 10-12 times, roll out 1/2 inch thick. Cut with a round cutter. Bake on an ungreased cook sheet 12 minutes until medium brown on top.

Mock Devonshire Cream

8 ounces of cream cheese

1/2 cup sour cream

2 Tblsp powdered sugar.

Beat until well blended. Enjoy on top of the scones and then add your lemon curd or jam! You will love it!

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. That sounds nice!! A treat for your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so lovely! Sigh...now we have to wait until next year...Another Sigh...
    :-)
    Thank You, Mrs. Rabe!
    Becky K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds delightful - thanks for the recipes!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love giving tea parties! The menu sounds delicious and I always love finding new scone recipes.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...