Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Running the Race

Hebrews 12:1 says - "Therefore, we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us."

This verse came to my mind today in dealing with a certain child of mine. I need to run with endurance, not his race, but the race set before me in dealing with him. Part of my great race is a smaller one that is particular to him.

God has something in this for me - for my good. I believe it.

2 comments:

  1. Run Forest Run!!!

    God doesn't give up on us and we have to learn from Him that we won't either! You are not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep passing the baton back to the Lord. He is running the race with you.
    It would seem this job of parenting is a marathon...so pace yourself, too.
    See you later,
    Becky K.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  This lovely Calathea that I bought in Nashville last month is doing well in my living room. It does need to be repotted, and I think I'...