Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Home Education

www.art.com

I don't talk a lot about home educating our children, but we have done this since our oldest was 5. This year marks the 16th year of educating our children at home. Of course this only refers to the academic portion of their life as I believe that all parents are educators of their children.

I actually like to think of it in terms of discipling. We are training and raising our children in every aspect of their life and so for us educating them in their academics just seemed to flow out of that.

Through the years we have been a part of both our local home school co-op leadership as well as a county wide board serving the home educating community. This morning we are going to get to have breakfast with some of our favorite people as the current board of the county wide group share their vision for the next 20 years. I am looking forward to it, as we will be doing this home educating this for many years to come!

2 comments:

  1. Very well said. This is exactly how we feel about homeschooling. I feel so blessed to be able to do this.
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. You must have so much home schooling wisdom. Just to be able to know all that you do.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  This lovely Calathea that I bought in Nashville last month is doing well in my living room. It does need to be repotted, and I think I'...