Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Winter Sunrise


I got out of my warm bed this morning, and padded out to the living room.  I turned up the heat, grabbed a blanket and intended to snuggle up on the couch until Kamryn arrived.

The view out my windows caught my attention instead.

It's amazing how it can change in just a few moments.

As I write it's already faded to where if I'd just gotten up, it wouldn't have caught my eye.


Psalm 8
Lord, our Lord,
How excellent is Your name in all the earth,
Who have set Your glory above the heavens!
Out of the mouth of babes and nursing infants
You have ordained strength,
Because of Your enemies,
That You may silence the enemy and the avenger.
When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers,
The moon and the stars, which You have ordained,
What is man that You are mindful of him,
And the son of man that You visit him?
For You have made him a little lower than the angels,[b]
And You have crowned him with glory and honor.
You have made him to have dominion over the works of Your hands;
You have put all things under his feet,
All sheep and oxen—
Even the beasts of the field,
The birds of the air,
And the fish of the sea
That pass through the paths of the seas.
Lord, our Lord,
How excellent is Your name in all the earth!

I'm thankful to have woken up earlier than I normally do.  Thankful to have caught the beauty of this winter morning sunrise.  Thankful to know the ONE who created it all and holds it in His hands.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful view! I can't wait to visit PA again this summer. It is such a lovely state.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a beautiful sunrise! Looks like fire with all of those pretty colors! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful early morning moment...a gift from the Lord for you today!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowzer! How extraordinarily beautiful. Now you have me wondering what kind of weather "warning" you might be under. Six inches of snow here.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...