Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, August 10, 2009

Sweet Dreams

Artwork:www.allposters.com



We have been so busy here...but a good busy. We had a great day at church yesterday and then we came home along with some dear friends from church, Denny, Nigel, and Mindy. We spent the afternoon with good food, we played dominoes, watch some youtube video of Tim Hawkins. He is a family favorite, a great comedian who is also a believer. If you want a great laugh, Tim's your man.

Today I spent preparing for our Parent's meeting with our homeschool co-op. I have been preparing more than just today of course. I usually spend the summer taking memberships and getting to know the new families and staying connected with our current members as well. We have 60 families this year, that means hundreds of kids who will get gym, music and art or science or French or history or leadership for young men. It is so amazing what our parents teach every year!

This year I am not teaching. It is weird for me - but I will teach next year again. We as leaders of the group thought it would be a good idea for me to be hostessing the Mom's room this year. I am very excited about it. I want to create a warm welcoming space for our mom's and the dad's who come with their children every week. These dear folk work so hard to teach their children and often don't get a lot of encouragement from their families. I am so happy to be able to give that encouragement to them.

Right now Tim is on his last week of third shift. We are all so happy about that! He is at this moment laying down with Kyle who is off to dream land for the night. Tim will nap for an hour or so then be on his way to work. Lindsay and Sarah are busy putting together delicious snacks for him to eat overnight. He doesn't want anything heavy so tonight he is getting turkey and cheese wraps, along with some peanut butter and jelly from Sarah! He will have some fruit and coffee as well. Every night he is blessed by his sweet girls preparing something good for him.

Last week we were discouraged over our car situation - what to do? Do we just replace Tim's vehicle or do we keep my Astro, with 202,000 miles on it, for Tim and find a newer van with better fuel mileage for me, as my car does most of the driving workload around here..Our finances would be stretched to the max and we already were stretched with Tim having been off work for his hip replacement. We prayed and God answered so fast. We are getting a newer van - a Saturn Relay - and hopefully a truck for Tim from our friends' work. They are selling a few older work trucks. It seems like we will get it - we should know soon. But regardless we know that God is in control and has a plan for us. Even in the midst of trials He is working good on our behalf.

I must head off to prepare for bed now. I didn't sleep well last night - the power went out and the little children made their way into my bed one by one....

I wanted to post tonight since it has been so long since I posted. I have been reading your blogs and am so thankful. Our sweet niece Melissa shared an encouraging post that really was a help to me this week. Just click on her name to read it!

Sleep well, friends. Sweet Dreams!

5 comments:

  1. Sweet dreams, Friend.

    I look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow!

    I am delighted to watch God work!

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Aunt Deanna, i hope you can get a good nights rest tonight!

    When I wrote out that post I thought of you and wondered if you'd get the chance to read it.

    I'm sure those mom and dad's in the group will be greatly encouraged by you this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband works third shift all the time. I can relate on that one.
    Hang in there. My car goal is to get one that was made in the same decade ad the one were in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks friends!

    Tracy - we always buy used, it is a better deal for your money. Then we drive the poor things to death!

    Off for a busy day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way the Lord just gives directions on every area of our life..I see that in your vehicles...and just in my own life..
    I hope you have got some sweet sleep and are feeling a bit more perky....
    Deby

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...