Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Christmas House Tour - Part One


Welcome to my Christmas House Tour!

Creekside Cottage really shines at Christmas and we love to share it with others.

Most of our guests come in through the kitchen door, so you come on in this way too!

 The first thing you would see is our very large table which is about 4 feet by 8 feet.  This trough sits in the middle and is holding boxwood from the garden, clove studded oranges, grapevine balls, 2 votive candles and a lantern.  I am still burning the white candles from Lindsay's wedding!

 To the right are my pantry cupboard, the stove, kitchen cabinets, etc.  I decorate the top of the cabinets seasonally.
There is grapevine garlands, pine garland, white lights, red plaid ribbon, and this wooden plate that I love.

 If you move past the fridge you come to our sliding door that leads to the deck.  I always hang garland and lights here.

 I've added a woodland tree here in the corner and made a hot cocoa station!

 One jar of micro mini marshmallows, one jar of cocoa and my vintage red plain Thermos!

 So cute and functional!

Coming into the living room area you see our piano.  I have Tasha Tudor's "Take Joy" book open on it right now.

 The piano has a pine garland, pine cones, clementines, candles, red plaid ribbon, white lights, a metronome, an old fashioned candle lamp, silver candle holders with striped candles, a lantern

 An oil lamp with red lamp oil, my silver platter chalkboard, and a Friendly Village tea cup!

 This is our front door area.  It is a small space and to the right of the ladder is a closet!  I am loving the silver with the old style tree!  This will be staying past Christmas!

 Our tree is next to the piano

In the other corner of the living room is the bookcase with the nativity on top.

 Our baby Jesus is removable and I forgot to leave him out of the manger!  I should take him out and return him on Christmas Day!

The big wall over the couch has my Williamsburg prints, and this space is where I hang plates over the side table and lamp.  At Christmas I like to hang up these Wal-Mart plates.

We have almost come full circle now.  The china hutch is next to the kitchen door.  We are in and out of this hutch a lot so we cannot hang too much on it.  I went with a simple pine garland.

Thanks for hanging in with me on this Christmas House Tour!

I'll have part two up in a few days!

Merry Christmas to you all and I hope you are enjoying the season!

7 comments:

  1. Loved the tour, everything is beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love Christmas house tours! Really enjoyed seeing the Christmas touches eveywhere. As I was looking at your Nativity set, I realized that my sheep is missing! Then I remembered I left him out for Easter. Now I am off on a mission to find my sheep...where oh where can he be?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks so beautiful and festive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks festive at Creekside Cottage, Deanna! The plaid decor touches look beautiful this time of year. Merry Christmas to you and your family! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks wonderful and festive. I love your silver set. Is it old? And what a nice book on your piano!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Creekside Cottage is absolutely charming all dressed up in her holiday best!! I love how your red plaid ribbon and other red plaid touches unify your Christmas decorating. Beautiful job, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed your house tour, something special in every part of the room. The nativity is one of the nicest I've seen, many figurines lack detail. A nice big tree, something I miss but we've come to love our table top silver tinsel.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...