Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Ringing In The New Year...

We've had a lot going on around here lately, Tim and the girls have put in many extra hours at work, we have taken fun trips, celebrated my husband's birthday, then Christmas.

So I think tonight we are going to lay low.  We were going to do a big party like we used too, and then let Lindsay open gifts at midnight, but with New Year's Day being Sunday - we had to let that idea go.  So for tonight we will eat taquitos and won tons, chips and dip, chocolate cake and who knows what else.  We have our sparkling red grape juice, and Mexican Coca-Cola.

We'll probably watch a movie and maybe play a few games!  When midnight hits we will hug and kiss, wish each other "Happy New Year" and the kids will jump into bed and hopefully they will be able to wake up easily for church tomorrow!

I like the start of a New Year!  Everything is fresh and exciting.  There will be challenges and changes, joys and sorrows, and well, life.  I am so thankful for the Lord and His goodness and His mercies which are new every morning.

Lamentations 3:22 - 23 says - Through the LORD’S mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not, They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. 

Happy New Year!  I am so thankful for your friendship and encouragement.  Thank you for dropping by my cottage and chatting!  You've all been a great blessing to me this year!

Love,
Deanna

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like great fun! My darling has just informed me that if I want to watch a movie tonight, we'd better start early. He fears that he'll not be rested for church if he's up to welcome the new year in. =)

    I'm sure that the young'uns at your cottage will be bright-eyed for church!

    Yes, it has been fun getting to know new bloggers and, once we met, you'll be happy to know that now you're "real people" too. ;>

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...