Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Happy December!


The work of decorating the house is done, but the enjoyment has only begun!  I love turning on the lights in the early morning and lighting the candles and oil lamps at night.

It is so enjoyable to read near the tree and to spend time in the evenings together too.

I have been doing a fair bit of online shopping, taking advantage of sales and free shipping!

One place I love to buy from every year is Vision Forum.  They have great products for the family and great resources for learning. 

I like to buy some things locally and also to make some items - I am working on a knitted hat, shawl  a few aprons, and a quilted bag.  I am doing things like piping which I have never done before, so it is a bit nerve wracking but it is turning out well, and I am happy with it.


I am in the throws of some work on our Annual Ladies Tea at church.  This year we are also going to have a cookie exchange (it was a request) and we are going to be putting together gift bags for families who have children in the ICU at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP).  This is where the Musser family's new daughter is right now.  She is doing well, and we are thanking God for all He is doing in her life.  Being a close church we have become aware of the needs of families who are staying at the hospital for an extended period and we want to bless them with some things that are practical and things that are a bit pampering!  I am hoping it all turns out well...

By the way - if you are interested in helping with a donation to our project you can contact me and if you are local I would love to invite you to attend our tea on December 5th!  Contact me if you want to come!

7 comments:

  1. It sounds like you're nearly ready for Christmas! You're doing well my friend. I think thank that gift bags for the families is a wonderful idea. Our twins were in neonatal when they were born, and it sure is all consuming when you have child in the hospital. I also had a daughter in the hospital one Thanksgiving. They thought she might have leukemia, so it was a scary holiday. I'm sure every family will appreciate your gifts.
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I received a donation from an online friend for our CHOP project yesterday. Maybe your blog readers would like to chip in too.....who knows? But I am excited about the opportunity to brighten the day of some parents who would rather not be watching their child suffer in a hospital over Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I wish I could come, but you know what they say about wishes and horses. Such a worthy project that you and Becky have embarked upon. All the very best with it.

    What a beautiful header so calm and serene and just plain pretty! Now I'll turn the tables and ask you to show more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful projects and celebrations you have on your agenda!

    I, too, like the lights - whether candle or small, white lights on the tree...It helps penetrate some of the early and long darkness of the winter nights AND reminds me of Jesus, the Light of the World!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is SO beautiful. Are those pictures hanging Williamsburg scenes? I know you mentioned buying some when you visited.

    Looking forward to seeing more of your home. :)

    I brought the laptop to the dining area where my tree is located (the battery is dead so it has to be plugged in... the computer that is). ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your home looks lovely! We are putting up our tree tomorrow, and I am looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad that you put the photo of your lovely Christmas piano display up in your header. First of all, it is pretty. Secondly, it allows me a closer look! :D (Can you believe that I have that very same sheep cookie cutter?!)

    I love your church's project of blessing the people whose loved ones are hospitalized. What a wonderful way to reach out with the love of Christ! (My youngest spent 10 days in the NICU when she was born prematurely, so I can relate in a small way to the needs of families who are dealing with illness and suffering and the surreal world of a hospital.)

    Blessings to you as you continue to celebrate His first coming!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...