Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Fireproof


I love to watch wedding shows. I have seen tons of them. The one thing that most often stands out to me is how weddings have turned in to "party central." They don't seem to be about a marriage beginning, a new family starting.

Tim and I saw fireproof tonight. We got the last two seats for the 6:45 pm showing. The lady next to me said the 4:00pm show had been sold out as well!

This movie has a powerful message about marriage being a covenant between two people and not just a contract. It shows a couple on the brink of divorce - one of them commits to working at the marriage, for 40 days. During this time he realizes that he doesn't even know how to really love his wife. He learns that the way his wife is rejecting his trying to show her love, is just like what he does with God.

If you get a chance to see, go. If you know of a couple struggling, take them, or pay their way! You will laugh, and you will cry, but it is worth seeing if you are married or about to marry. Oh, and you may want to get your tickets early!


5 comments:

  1. We really want to see this movie. Kelly and Duane saw it and liked it too.

    This production company does great work!

    Becky K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont think I have heard of this movie...Glad it was so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to here it's doing well. We'll have to wait for the video.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I have commented already but a woman at work who I teach with, saw this movie with her husband and she also said its an awesome movie. She is going to buy a few on DVD when it comes out so that she can pass it around to people in a struggling marriage and also to those who just want to strenghthen the bond. Just wanted to say I think I will be netflixing this when it comes out!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...