Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Lovely Day

Yesterday, being a lovely day and a holiday from work for my husband, found us quickly finishing morning chores at home, eating lunch, and heading out to our favorite GARDEN.



Everyone was in high spirits, we were so happy to be out with Tim, as a family.





The kids love to take pictures...


Some of us were a bit goofy...

We have wanted to see the tree houses they are showcasing this year...



Tree huggers...


One of our favorite spots in the whole place - the Italian Water Garden.



We took a stroll on the Forest walk.

Emily and I found a lovely bench in the dappled sunlight and decided to sit and read,

It was so quiet and restful...

The kids found lots of tree stumps to climb on...


There is beauty around every corner at Longwood, and through every arch...

Up every stairway...

From every view...

Loveliness abounds.

The conservatories remind me of Pemberely.


These gardens are a delight...

Rachel enjoying the scents...

Our outdoor types looking at the Prickly Pear...

We romantics just love this area, it leads to a grassy walk bordered by purple salvia and white hibiscus standards.

Emily and I saw an amazing fountain display....


Sitting in the shade with a view of the waterfall...

Listening to the sound of the water and the Carillion Chimes in the tower...

Wrestling on the grass with Daddy...

Dreaming of walking in the pond...

Getting a ride from a loving sister after hurting your knee...


Always so thankful to the Lord for His beautiful creation and to be in a loving, beautiful family.

May God bless your day and your family life.


5 comments:

  1. I'll return to spend time on your blog but wanted to share about a homeschool giveaway my friend Moorea is hosting...then I need to get ready for my PT appt. :o)

    Go here:

    http://homeschoolingsentiments.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures! What a lovely way to spend the day as a family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great day for being at Longwood. Your camera angles are creative...to all of the photographers involved.

    See you!

    Becky K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Mrs. Rabe,

    You make me want to run to Longwood this minute! I haven't been there in ages...your Pemberly reference and picture is killing me, LOL! What great photos and lovely ones of the kids...those cheese curls have me wanting to run to the supermarket, haha. ;o)

    I'm so glad you guys enjoyed a great weekend! Have a very blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful day! Just the kind of day I like to have. The italaian water garden is just stunning!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...