Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Garden Behind The Saddlery

While some in our family visited the saddlery, they have a gorgeous side saddle in there, Emily and I took a turn around the garden out back.

I love the weighted balls on the garden gates, I don't know why, I just do.

I really love to walk on the paths around the garden.


I wanted to capture the dew on the plant.


Emily then stole the camera from me and took these photos.


I just got to walk around enjoying the loveliness.

The picket fences around town are all different, and all beautiful.

This is Gomphrena. It is a pretty flower, here seen in white and purple, and it dries really nicely.

Doesn't this garden look grand? It is so lovely and yet it really is not large at all. The plants are not exotic ones either, just every day flowers. Black-Eyed Susans, Purple Coneflower, Cranesbill Geraniums, Daisies, Lavender, Feverfew, Sage. These are things I grow in my own garden.

I think that being around beautiful things, such as a garden, even a very simple one, is relaxing and peaceful. I like to think about the original garden that God planted. I love how creative God is in all things, and I love that I don't have to be so creative or talented, I can just follow His example. Which is basically His plan for us anyway, isn't it?

4 comments:

  1. I loved the gardens as well. It was such a lovely day. I wished my garden looked that nice. Well i don't really have a garden just some planted flowers but at times they are lovely. Great trip. I really enjoyed Williamsburg this time. Thanks for a great trip. Fun and family goes together I say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of the photos -- Thanks for Sharing! Emily and Rachel have some great photographic talent! Looks like you had a great vacation. It makes me want to go back to Williamsburg -- I just love it there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The garden is wonderful.

    Thanks for sharing your trip with us. I'd like to go there someday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a picture of Chelsea in that garden. I love it!

    Off to one side nearest the house is an old birch tree that I adore.
    I love old trees!

    Becky K.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...