Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Making Our Homes Warm And Inviting

I was reading Brenda's Sunday Afternoon Tea post, and it made me want to write this post.  You see Brenda, and I have a lot of the same beliefs about our homes being havens for our families, our guests, and ourselves!

 I believe that while we should not be obsessed with our homes, we should make our homes as special and wonderful as we can.  I like to use thrifted silver, flowers, tea cups....



 I also love to use old birdhouses and inexpensive plates like this red checked one.

 This photo of the light over the sink in the kitchen was taken tonight.  I love the ivy, the name photo, the beautiful wood trim that my husband put up.
Our home makes us happy.  The things we have in our home, the photos, the books, the china, all work together to remind us of wonderful times together, and they continue to help us make new memories, to help us to reach out and welcome others into our home and into our family life.

I believe that as a believer our homes should be places of beauty and creativity, after all we are made in His image and He is the Creator of Beauty!

My home will not look like yours, and it shouldn't.  Your home should reflect the interests and items that your family finds beautiful, fun, and that you want to share with others.

Isn't that great?

So what kinds of things do you like to surround yourself with?

7 comments:

  1. Your home is beautiful...so warm and inviting! (And I am thankful to be speaking from experience!) I so agree with you (and Brenda) that our homes should be a haven, a reflection of our Heavenly home.

    What do I surround myself with? With family pieces and furniture my husband makes and things collected from here and there. And dishes. And books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful post!!
    I find great inspiration in blogging and all though I do copy cat some great ideas, I put my own spin on it!
    Home is where your heart is and it is different for each one of us!!
    Thank you for such an delightful post!!
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes - yes - YES! This is a passion for me - to minister "sanctuary" in my home and inspire other women to do the same in their homes. I meet so many women who struggle in this. Praying the Lord allows me fresh avenues to teach on this subject. Glad you posted this!
    Joy!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the light and sign over the sink:) My home is comfortable, clean but not spotless! I enjoy being surrounded by things I love and lots of pictures! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, I have birdhouses around the house, too!

    I love your silver service. What do you use to shine it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, that silver is gorgeous!

    One of the best things I ever did was to stop watching HGTV. For quite sometime I lost my own sense of style because I was too influenced by theirs, which is very one-note, and geared to make us think we need to spend money.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have created a beautiful and welcoming home. I enjoy seeing the photos of your vignettes and sweet treasures. Brenda's post was so good that I have read it at my leisure over tea twice! Maybe twice and a half. I haven't figured out what I like. It's an eclectic nightmare over here. =D

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...