Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Blue Heaven





I have been looking for these jars everywhere! They are the vintage style jars that the Ball Canning Company makes.   I finally had decided I was just going to have to buy them from Amazon and pay for shipping.

While waiting for my hair appointment time the other day, I popped into Christmas Tree Shops to look around.  Well, these were the best find that day!  

I love them and they were inexpensive at only $9.99 for 6 jars.  I am a happy girl.  I bought two sets. 

I love to use canning jars to drink out of, or to put fresh cut flowers in from the garden.  They make taking a salad to work easy for my girls, and we just enjoy their color.

Do you use canning jars for decor or the table?  Do you have the new 'vintage' style.



*photos courtesy of Lindsay Rabe

9 comments:

  1. You got a bargain! I ordered them from Amazon and have seen them several times since then in stores:) I am using mine as vases when I need to take a bouquet to someone! They get some flowers and a pretty jar:) Have a blessed day dear friend! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom has some of the vintage ones in her kitchen, and I would love some myself. I'm thrilled that they have come out with these this year. Elizabeth at Just Following Jesus even made some straw tops for them. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And btw, your new blog style looks cool. It took me a minute to figure it out, but I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so pretty! I have seen them here and there in Blogland, but not in the stores yet.

    I have some old Mason jars that I use for flowers...and one that I use for candy for the grands. Mason jars have such a fun, vintage look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful! And such a bargain. Now I know what we will be drinking from when I come on a hot summer's day... :)

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I LOVE the blue ones, but I don't have any. I will definitely be buying some though. Yours are lovely and what a wonderful price!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh and I like your new blog style. I've always wanted to try this new style, it's neat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. great find!
    i have some antique jars in light green and blue tones. i use those for flowers or just decorating. we *do* use some jars for drinking glasses or for soup, salad, etc. it's a practical use of a pretty jar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just can't be the first to comment anymore. ☺

    Love these jars. I've heard that they are at Christmas Tree Shops for a song, too. Perhaps I can remember to get there soon. We do have some shopping to do in "the big city."

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...