Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Thursday, June 27, 2013

This and That

As you can see I went back to the old template.  I really liked the new one, but so many were having trouble commenting, and that's no fun!  I LOVE getting comments more than I liked the new template.

Lindsay injured herself Tuesday afternoon in her team competition on the obstacle course.  She said her knee just gave out.  She was so happy that with help from her team she was able to finish and their team had the fastest time!

She has it in an immobilizer and went to see a sports medicine doctor on Wednesday evening.  After xrays the doc said that nothing is broken, and they don't believe it is the ACL, and believes it is the meniscus but the swelling is so great they can't really tell.  So she stays using the immobilizer, and some crutches. She is also to keep using IB and ice to reduce the swelling.  She'll follow up with a doctor here at home next week.  I'm sure she'd appreciate your prayers for her too!


We are praying that it's nothing that requires surgery or much time off from work.  She said tonight "my animals need me."  She loves her work!

Both Lindsay and Emily said that the sessions have been really good, and Lindsay was bummed that by going to the doctor, she was missing their evening session last night.  They have three different speakers and the topics have been finding your identity in Christ, Prayer, and Purity.  The evenings are testimonies.  It is such a blessing to have girls who love the Lord and want to grow in Him. 

We got to spend a few days with my brother in law and niece who travelled out to visit and ride horses, and I got a great visit in with my friend Jennifer.  She and her girls are visiting in the area and we got some of their time tonight!  We love them so much!

We are doing well closing the store.  We are selling off the display shelves and anything that's left we will bring home and store in the basement, until we can sell it off Craig's List.  We meet with the property management people on the 1st to turn in our keys, and then we are done.

I'll be grateful to slow down.

We went to a lovely memorial service this afternoon for the wife of our associate pastor.  She had Parkinson's and I had only meet her once.  They had been married for 67 years.  What an example and a blessing he has been of marital faithfulness and loving care.  He has been saying the long good bye for 14 years, the last 7 of which she has gotten progressively worse with her dementia.  It's a blessing to know I'll really get to know her one day.


Guess what?  My HYDRANGEA are blooming!

So beautiful!

Have a great day everyone!

9 comments:

  1. Sweet Summer blessings to you!
    Beautiful flowers,
    d

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I hope Lindsay's knee is all right and that she doesn't have to have surgery. I sympathize - I am having a total knee replacement in just under four weeks thanks, in part, to arthroscopy when it was in its infancy and the surgeon not knowing the technique well enough. (That was 32 years ago!) I will remember her in my prayers. Ice is her best friend right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'll be praying for Lindsay's knee to heal up with out surgery.
    And those flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful bloom:) I am so sorry about the injury! I will join you in prayer that it is healed without surgery and that she will get back to the work she loves quickly! I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your Pastor's wife. God has another angel and YES, you will see her someday! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, poor Lindsay! Not a fun way to spend her time away. I will be praying for her.

    So many sad things...although the passing of a believer is truly not a sad thing. It is sad for those who loved them and will miss having them near.

    Beautiful hydrangea!! They are such pretty flowers...I love them in every shade!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also meant to tell you the flowers were so pretty. I would love to have some in my yard!

    ~Christi

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's always hard to have an injury in the summer!

    I know once in awhile Blogger has wanted me to update to Google Plus but I've heard a lot of people have had trouble commenting with it so right now I'm sticking to the old commenting format.

    I do think you will be happy coming home from working again. Do you have plans to take on anything else? (As if homeschooling and kids and family are not enough?)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no...I'm sorry that Lindsay got hurt...so frustrating, but remind her to look for God in the interruption...she'll find Him there. So glad that you get to slow down. Time for tea and reading a book...Ahhh...the possibilities!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...