Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Welcome November

 

"It was November - the month of crimson sunsets, parting birds, deep, sad hymns of the sea, passionate wind-songs in the pines. Anne roamed through the pineland alleys in the park and, as she said, let that great sweeping wind blow the fogs out of her soul." Lucy Maud Montgomery

I wanted to share a few Thanksgiving tables I set in the past few years.





For our church dinner, I am going to do real pumpkins (they are half price at all the stands and they are eager to get rid of them), mums, in small glass jars, maybe some greens, and some tea light candles in holders. It will be simple but beautiful.

This is a simple centerpiece I did one year that carried over into Christmas. The clove studded oranges are fun to make, and look great during the holiday season.

Here is a simple centerpiece I did for Rachel and Wes' Friendsgiving one year. Dried hydrangea and battery candles, oh and a few ceramic pumpkins.


I am really looking forward to the holiday season. I always love this time of gathering and being together. Giving thanks to the Lord for his mercy, and love, which are new every morning.


I had a question yesterday in the comments about the Paul Pelosi situation and I will answer that tomorrow.


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful tables! I have no pumpkins this year—way too pricey for me, but I may have to go looking for one today. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh Deanna...it's all so lovely....wishing you a very joyous Thanksgiving for 2022. Yes, the Pelosi ordeal is extremely odd!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! ALL your tables! I am excited about November too! I may buy up a bunch of pumpkins if they are really cheap. Everything from the goats to the horses to the chickens, ducks and peacocks love to eat them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tables are just beautiful. I love the colors and those red goblets!! I think I need a few of those.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Last Day of April

April was a very busy month for us. Lots of activities, appointments, and opportunities to extend hospitality. Sometimes as the old saying g...