Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Friday, January 6, 2012

A Day At Home...

I woke up very early (5:15 am) by a dog who was pacing around and apparently needed a trip outdoors.  So put on my boots and coat, grabbed a flashlight and headed out.  Once the other dog and the cat realized we were headed outside, they decided to come along too!

It was cold but not freezing and the sky at that time was clear and beautiful.  I love the sky at night when it is still absolutely dark out. 

I came back inside, made up a pan of baked oatmeal, read a bit online, and have now started bread to rise.





 The sunrise was so spectacular this morning.  I couldn't quite capture the deep red of the sky, but it was gorgeous.

I am hoping to organize my bookcases today, do a bit of reading, pick up the girls friends this afternoon for a sleepover.  I am going to take Emily into the store today and I will be there for a little bit.  I want to get completely acclimated to the whole thing.

What are you doing today?

10 comments:

  1. The sunrises have been amazing the past few days!

    I'm going to put away some nativity sets, make a library run (a book I requested has arrived), make sure all my thank you notes are written & addresses recorded, put some background pictures on power point for the songs we'll sing at church on Sunday....and who knows WHAT else?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Chelsea is going to drive the Grandma's and I to Kennett Square for lunch. She needs to keep up with the practice in new situations....time for a highway.
    Her test is coming up way too soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cleaning and preparing for some sort of celebratory Epiphany supper. This will take planning as I have no stove. Oh, you probably knew that. What gorgeous pictures! Watch out for that whole "sailors take warning" thing. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a beautiful morning Deanna!
    Sounds like you have a good day planned. I am going to finish painting my ceiling and put away all the Christmas decorations that are sitting on the dining room table...now maybe we can sit down and eat for the first time all week. :)
    Blessings to you friend!
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful to see the sunrise through the bare winter trees. I bet in the summer that view is blocked my leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous pictures! I just LOVE stay-at-home days.

    Today the doggies got pedicures, and *oh my!* is that ever a job because Hallie is NOT very cooperative. LOL ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I am so glad you woke so early as I have been able to see such lovely photos!

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    *oh I am canning a simple veg soup!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your sunrise photos are so beautiful!

    That's so early to get up! I would have been tempted to go back to bed. I'm not a morning person at all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always seem to answer these questions at day's end!

    Days at home are the best! I had a partial day at home, but unfortunately, I had to run a few errands this afternoon, including a foray into Walmart for some groceries. Ick. I had hoped that the store would be under a January-type calmness, but it was a zoo. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a blessing to see the sunrise and to see the sun rise!

    Agape always,
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  This lovely Calathea that I bought in Nashville last month is doing well in my living room. It does need to be repotted, and I think I'...