Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Wednesday, August 5, 2020

After The Storm







We had a lot of rain yesterday from Hurricane Isaias.  We never lost power, and it was over by the time I had to pick Sarah up from work yesterday.



When we arrived home, we realized that a branch from one of the Black Willows had come down.  These willows are tall but not really sturdy.  When we bought our property, the previous owners had cut them all down but left the stumps and these trees had grown up out of the stumps.  The plan is to take them all down and let the maple trees fill that space.




I think I know what the weekend project will be.

6 comments:

  1. It's still beautiful, even broken like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that was your only damage... Luckily we didn't have anything happen, but bits of tree leaves. And since our Dear Daughter in Law next door, came over and back washed our pool last evening, it did not over flow. ~smile~

    Much, much, much rain though.

    Last night and today are delightful though. Clear air, and sun and clouds today. Gone is the humidity... Which is very hard for me to "take."

    🍑 🍑 🍑

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy you escaped the brunt of the storm and no major damage. Maybe the branch coming down is the little push you needed to tackle the old trees lol... Maples will look lovely there..
    Phoebe x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you basically came through unscathed. Yes, there's the weekend project all lined up for ready hands.

    Wishing you a beautiful Wednesday.
    Brenda xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was glad that only branches fell from my neighbor's tree. I expected to see another tree down. I have a lot of twigs and small branches to pick up. Perhaps toward evening when it's cooler. I had hoped for some fresh, cool air, but it is sticky and very warm again.

    The men have their work cut out for them this weekend or whenever they'll be getting rid of the willows.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad to know you are safe and sound. Lovely photo of lamp and the window, smiles.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...