Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, August 17, 2020

Scenes From The Weekend

 

It's only been since Tim started his own business that he has had the weekends to do what he wants.  Saturday he was busy with helping with a septic system at one of the transitional housing cabins at our church property, then he did a lot of digging at my parents house to find a leak in the foundation that allowed a lot of water to seep into the house with the big rain we'd had a week before on a Friday.  Then he went and mowed the property for an older couple that the husband is having serious health issues.

He's a good man. 


On Saturday, I did home things, tidied my desk, peeled a lot of peaches, pan grilled a lot of chicken and made a huge chicken salad for dinner.  I make my own ranch dressing, too.  I like to put peaches on my salad as well, but everyone else had them on the side! 

Kyle had his friend Daniel over for the day.  This was the first time they'd seen each other since March!  They had fun hanging out, playing Minecraft together, and laughing.  

Sarah a short shift on Saturday.


 

Yesterday after church, we went to a local restaurant with friends, and then came home.  Tim and our friend Denny, went to run a few errands, Sarah went to meet up with friends.  I read.


Then I came across a peach cobbler recipe and decided to try it.  I'm trying to eat better, and on a plan that works for my body, so I substituted xylitol for the sugar, and used sprouted flour in the topping.  It was really good.



I hope that your weekend was a good one.  I hope you were able to see family, eat good food, enjoy music, sit in your garden.  Maybe some of you went boating, took a walk, read a book.  We have to take care of ourselves, including caring for our souls.  There is so much evil happening, and we must remember that "greater is He who is in me, than he who is in the world." 1John 4:4


Let's go into this week trusting that "if our God is for us, then who could ever stop us, and if our God is with us, then what could stand against?"



5 comments:

  1. Lovely to give credit to your husband, for being a good man.

    We who are married to a good man, are very lucky!!!!!!!!!!

    I'm interested to see, people being with other people... Do you not have any worries about contracting the Wuhan Virus?

    I am only asking. I am not saying anything, in judgement.

    I ask because it is very, very interesting to me. The different ways, people are handling this life, which China gave us, with their Wuhan Virus.

    Let's enjoy the "Fruits of Late Summer"
    πŸŒΌπŸŒ½πŸŒΌπŸŽπŸŒΌπŸ‰πŸŒΌπŸ…πŸŒΌπŸ†πŸŒΌπŸˆπŸŒΌπŸ‘πŸŒΌπŸ“πŸŒΌ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, smiles. I hope you have a beautiful day, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your hubby's a good man. yes. looking forward to meeting him hopefully in a matter of months this side of heaven. and hugging YOU! :) i marinated a mess of chicken yesterday then the hubs grilled it. we had chicken salad last night - and again tonight because it was so tasty. plenty left over to freeze for future meals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post today. Tim is a good man!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Tim is a kind and generous man! Oooo . . . chicken salad is one of my favorites. Sounds like a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...