Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Cottage Garden: Sowing Seed and Planting Plants


\

Last year, Rachel and Wes bought me two plants for my garden. A hydrangea, and this lovely peony. I got the hydrangea planted in the cottage garden area, but I never could figure out where I wanted this beauty.

It stayed in its pot all winter on the deck, and I worried that it wouldn't have survived, but it did!  It even has produced three lovely blooms this year. I also finally decided where to plant this peony. It's such a bright lovely color that it will really stand out along our creek, where I can see it while doing dishes or reading on the back deck!


I also plan to spread seeds today in my garden since we are now three days past the last frost date for our area.  I have zinnias to sow, as well as, hollyhocks, and cosmos. I have already sown some early poppies, and I do believe that is what is popping up all over the cottage garden!

I like to try new flowering plants, and to try growing plants from seed. Some are easier than others.

I also wanted to share this fun photo of my daughter Emma and her kids who met up with my brother and sister in law and their son and dil and grands in Nashville yesterday. They had so much fun!





 Something we are looking forward to is that my brother and sister in law, and nephew and niece and family are all coming for Thanksgiving, and Emma and her family may come, too! It's going to be so great to all be together this year, and it's not just because of cov*d. They all live out of state and my brother and sil don't live in Tennessee. They live in a completely different state out west. So getting together can be a challenge!


4 comments:

  1. They look like a happy group of folk. What fun to anticipate sharing Thanksgiving all together. If it is meant to be, God will work out the fine particulars.

    Be sure to take a picture of your new peony in its new location.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is certainly something to look forward to! What a joy to have everyone together at once!

    Happy gardening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exciting news!!! Thanksgiving is going to be super special for you this year....for ALL your family!
    And I know your servant's heart is already rejoicing knowing you are going to have so many precious people gathered around your table.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful blooms, my favorite! Great picture of family together, we have all missed that so much! I know you look forward to Thanksgiving and great times together. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  This lovely Calathea that I bought in Nashville last month is doing well in my living room. It does need to be repotted, and I think I'...