Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Wednesday, September 15, 2021

A Favorite Autumn Recipe

 





    I've shared this recipe before but its a favorite around here, and I think I am going to make it today.

Thanksgiving Pumpkin Pie Crunch

15 oz can of pumpkin
12 oz can of evaporated milk (I just use half and half or heavy whipping cream)
3 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cup sugar
4tsp pumpkin pie spice (I often just use cinnamon)
1/2 tsp salt
1- 18 1/2 oz yellow cake mix
1 cup chopped pecans (I usually use walnuts)
1 cup butter, melted
Garnish with whipped cream (optional)

Combine pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar, salt, and spice in a large bowl. Beat with electric mixer on low speed until well blended. Pour into a greased 9X13 baking pan. Sprinkle with cake mix; top with nuts and drizzle the butter all over the top. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes until golden. Cool completely. Cut into squares to serve.
Refrigerate any leftovers.

This is a really simple recipe but tastes fantastic! It's a go to recipe around here in the autumn.

What's your favorite go to autumn recipe?


9 comments:

  1. Mine is probably Pumpkin Spice muffins and fruitcake cookies......

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I could make it Gluten Free!!!!!!!!! Super, super, super!!!!! Thank you!

    And it would be for both of us, because he enjoys lots of G/F foods. Which is super.

    Around here, Autumn means my Apple Pie with home made crust. It is "Family-Famous" and greatly desired. -smile-

    Guess I'd better be getting some apples. Mac's by the way. Only Mac's!

    Ya'know... I think about how I should be eating only healthy, for my health of course, and to lose weight, for our first Grand daughter's wedding next Fall.

    Then...

    I am constantly trying NOT to think, about what a total MESS, our Beloved Country is in.

    And....

    I think.....

    I WANT DESSERT!!!!!!! LOL

    🍁🍂🌻🍂🍁

    ReplyDelete
  3. This recipe sounds wonderful. I may have to make it for our fall camping trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds wonderful! I was at the apple orchard today, but the apples looked like last year's. I am dreaming of an old-fashioned apple crisp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm making this tomorrow (Thursday) for a get together I'm having with sewing friends on Friday. It sounds so good.Patty Mc

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is what you brought to tea at Heather's, right? Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not a pie baker so this sounds like a wonderful pumpkin alternative!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE THIS RECIPE SOOOOO MUCH! So glad you shared it with me so long ago!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...