Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Eye Update


 So I don't remember if I told you the latest on my eye.

Today I am two weeks out from my cataract surgery. When I went last week for a one week check, my vision was 20/30, and they think that it will be 20/20 by my next and last check on June 2nd. 

There is a chance that 20/30 is as good as it will be, but there is still a bit of inflammation and that could be the reason it's not 20/20. Also I still have some astigmatism.

No matter. I am seeing so well, now and really only need my glasses for reading, as I have progressive lenses. I am hoping that after June 2nd, when I go to see my normal eye doctor, that I will only need readers!

Oh to buy regular sunglasses again! Or sunglasses with just a reading prescription!

I found some on Amazon.










Lots of fun choices for not a lot of money! Sorry the photos are a bit blurry. In order to show them here I enlarged the photos and sadly they are blurred. If you want to see them unblurred, click on either the photo or the source and it will take you to those glasses on Amazon.  (if you purchase anything through one of these links, I get a teeny tiny bit of credit)


5 comments:

  1. I'll keep praying for 20-20, though 20-30 is excellent. When I need glasses for distance, I hope that I will have sunglasses and clear glasses. Readers will do for other needs. I am waiting for three pair of blue light reading glasses that I just ordered via Linda Vater. I'll have to show them when they arrive if I can cobble together a post before it is too late.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful you are having big improvements in your vision after surgery and I pray for the best results ahead for you. I do not see the photos you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the swelling goes down soon! I haven't been able to wear regular sunglasses since high school...it's so much fun to be able to buy several fun pairs. I'm stuck with one rather pricey one...boo!! Enjoy your shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have terrible eyesight. Since the 4th grade long long ago. But my husband had two cataract surgeries on one eye and then the other and his vision is decent for an old guy hahaha. He uses readers. Those are cute sunglasses. I have regular progressive glasses and I have the second pair of glasses that change to a darker lens outdoors. I read your blog every single day. I just don't always get to comment. Our son Nick is going through some health issues and we were grateful they ruled out leukemia. But he has a good doctor who truly cares and is searching for answers. I hope you will pray. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the update. I hope your eyes get better and better. Love a new pair of sunglasses:) Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...