Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Wednesday, August 10, 2022

This And That

 


As always, my zinnia are the bright spot in my garden in August. Funny that of all the different types I seeded last year, the only ones to reseed are pinks. The minis, the deeply petaled ones, and the flater ones - all pink. Last year, especially in the minis, I had oranges, lime, purple, too.

It's been HOT and HUMID but today and tomorrow are going to be mid 80's and then we are having a patch of 70's! Unheard of in August, but we'll take the break in the heat!

Our Texas friends will be here for dinner on Saturday and I believe I will make homemade hamburgers on the grill. The weather is supposed to be 77 degrees and sunny. It'll be perfect.

I take about 3 pounds of ground angus beef, raised and butchered locally, I add salt and pepper, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce. I use this patty maker and then Tim or Kyle usually do the grilling.
 

They taste fantastic and we rarely go out for a burger because we love our own so much.

I've been enjoying our friend Nigel Andreola's Album on Spotify this morning. You can find it {here}. 

Tim and I have been talking of an addition to the house and whether it is actually going to happen or not. My parents are reluctant in this economy. This has lead me to thinking about humble homes. We don't have a tiny house, it's about 1500 square feet, and we have a full basement. However it is not a grand house. However, it has sheltered a lot of people, hosted many events and gatherings, keeps us cozy and warm in the winter and cool in the summer. Its a place where LOVE lives. 

The King of love my Shepherd is,
Whose goodness faileth never;
I nothing lack if I am his
And he is mine for ever.
Where streams of living water flow
My ransomed soul he leadeth,
And where the verdant pastures grow
With food celestial feedeth.
Perverse and foolish oft I strayed,
But yet in love he sought me,
And on his shoulder gently laid,
And home, rejoicing, brought me.
In death's dark vale I fear no ill
With thee, dear Lord, beside me;
Thy rod and staff my comfort still,
Thy cross before to guide me.
Thou spread'st a table in my sight;
Thy unction, grace bestoweth:
And O what transport of delight
From thy pure chalice floweth!
And so through all the length of days
Thy goodness faileth never;
Good Shepherd, may I sing thy praise
Within thy house for ever.



Because I love home and decor accounts on social media, I am always seeing grand houses, getting grand makeovers. Some I know are just making their home more suited to their own taste and that is great! That's how all our homes should be! I guess I am just wanting to write in praise of small homes. They have value and worth. I am going to focus on that more on my blog.









I hope you have an excellent day, friends!




5 comments:

  1. I find your home lovely Deanna...thank you for sharing with us. I myself, am not really drawn to huge and grand homes...I simply find joy in the fact that the homeowner has taken much TLC with their own home and fill it with celebrations and memories. You have done just that! Have a great weekend! Good news...we finally had some rain last night...it was marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is great. Love All the photos of your charming home interiors with the peeks at views beyond your windows, which have come to mean Pennsylvania to me. I have not seen that kind of hamburger maker, but I imagine it is so the burger grills more evenly. Another wonderful opportunity to have your sweet home serve with the arrival of friends so soon. You must be very busy today! Any time you wish to discuss homemaking and hospitality, I'll listen. They are among my favorite topics. Oh, and politics, too, because nothing affects our lives more except for The Lord Himself. Have a blessed day! 🏡

    ReplyDelete


  3. I love a good "this and that" post! I can vouch for your hamburgers being delicious! And I love the idea of extolling the merits of small-ish homes, and how they can be used grandly! On a lighter note . . . I am so excited about a few days in the 70's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had grilled hamburgers this week and they were SO good. I am happy with my home, it's not too big, not too small... just right:) I love your home, it always feels welcoming. Enjoy your day dear friend. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your home is lovely and I'm jealous that you have access to meat raised and butchered locally. I bet it's delish!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...