Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, March 20, 2023

Weekend

 Hello Friends!

Happy Spring! Today is the longest day of the year! Equal sunlight to darkness.

I hope you had a lovely weekend. We had blue skies and chilly temperatures, and Sunday was downright cold! But the daffodils are blooming, some trees are in bloom, our maples have their leaf buds, so even though, the peepers aren't singing yet, spring is really here!


Can you see my little grand in front of the playhouse? She and one of her sisters played outside for about an hour on Sunday afternoon. I went out to sit in the sunshine, and though I had a flannel blanket with me, it was cold!


You can see how blue the sky was yesterday behind me. My hair was blowing in the wind. The sun was lovely, and if it weren't for the temperature in the 30's, it would have been a lovely.

On Saturday, Tim had a job then he and I and Rachel met up with our friend Denny for lunch. He was off this weekend because it was their bid day on Sunday. 

I didn't cook much this weekend, but I did make Monte Cristo sandwiches for lunch yesterday. 


I used lunch meat ham, since that is what we had available, but they were really good. You can find the recipe{here}.

Saturday night I watched The Help. I never had gotten around to watching it before. It was good. I cried at the end when she had to leave that home, and couldn't care for that little girl anymore. It is shocking, isn't it, how easily we can dehumanize people. 

I believe there is only one race - the human race. We are all of one blood going back to Adam and Eve. We are all made in the image of God. How we should judge people is by their actions, and behavior.

I also read a book this weekend.


find it {here}

It is a story of three siblings evacuated during World War II. It is a book for kids, but such a good read. The author said she was inspired by the Pevensie children in The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe by CS Lewis. The story starts with them having to be evacuated from London as well.

That is the only likeness to the story. These three children William, Edmund, and Anna are orphaned, and go with the children of a local school to be evacuated to the country. There they hope to find a forever home, with someone who will think they "hang the moon."

I'm going to start it as a read aloud with my grands.

Other than some puttering, cleaning the bathroom, cleaning some windows, cleaning the stove and microwave, it was a quiet sort of weekend.

I urge you to pray for our nation. We are on a precipice. We must speak out for truth, and the Constitution or we are lost as a nation.

2 comments:

  1. That's a sweet photo of your granddaughter by the playhouse. This longest day thing must be a trick question...it is definitely not the longest day in my thinking...perhaps it is a ratio of light to darkness thing, but I know that the light will increase by two hours at the end and the mornings will get much too bright because of the sun rising so early (in the northern hemisphere). I love the longer light days. Living in Maine means it gets dark by 4 pm on winter days. Talk about SAD. 😞.

    Yes, times are stressful , but our hope is in The Lord.

    Here's to a warm-up. Happy spring! ☀️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like good reads...I saw The Help...Wonderful. How awful the women were treated. But, as they were taught, so we are not taught. Glad we've changed for the better in that area even though "some" would have us hate each other... We need to just clean out Washington, the Congress.
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

This And That

  Marketplace has been good to me once again! I found this darling loveseat for $40! It's clean with no stains. The cushion covers come ...