Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, December 18, 2023

Weekend

 


I hope you are savoring the season, friends. This is the table I have in my kitchen. This little display with silver and fir and dried oranges, makes me very happy.

This weekend we attended the wedding of a dear friend of the family. 


It was a beautifully mild day and the sun was shining. It was an intimate family wedding and just right for this couple. We were honored to be included.

On Friday, I helped my friend Jen, the mother of the bride, with the wedding florals. This was the brides bouquet.


 Yesterday, we went to church, came home and made burgers, then had a relaxing day. It began to rain in the afternoon, and we ended up with 4 1/2 inches of rain before it ended this morning. The local creek is above it's banks. If it had been about 20 degrees cooler, we'd be snowed in!

Today, I am going to get groceries, and actually shopping for two weeks. We'll see if I can get the quantities of bread etc, right. 

This year for our Christmas Day meal, we are having brisket. I am cooking two brisket on Saturday, letting them cool completely and storing them in the fridge. I will keep all of the juices. On Christmas day I will put it all in a pan, pour the juices over the meat and heat it in the oven.

Usually we do a ham, but we decided to break away from the usual meal. Now we just have to decide on side dishes.

We don't eat a formal meal on Christmas. We put the food out midday and people can eat as they want. Our older kids drop in during the day, and they can eat if they want to as well.

This is one of my favorite carols.


I've been listening to carols, instrumental, and contemporary Christian Christmas music. These are the songs that make my heart sing during this season.

3 comments:

  1. I love a wedding that is perfect for the couple. Your wedding flowers are gorgeous! We have Christmas breakfast together and snack the rest of the day! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post Deanna....and I so enjoy weddings that have a more casual feel to them....your kitchen table is just lovely...may I wish you and those you love a very blessed Christmas day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure it is so exciting to have this new space to enjoy and decorate this year! It will be the scene of lots of joy and memory-making! Merry Christmas to you and yours as you celebrate His coming!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  We had a party weekend at our cottage! We have four immediate family birthdays in May, my Dad's was on Sunday. On Saturday however, Mo...