Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Weekend

 

Happy Tuesday!

Yesterday, I needed to pick up a friend from their mechanic, mom and dad came along and afterward we all went to breakfast. Then we went to Costco, and another local store, Goods.

We got home just before noon. 

Our weekend was quiet. Well, it was for me! Ha! Tim and Sarah drove to Philly to pick up a lift gate for his Tahoe, and then he got the Tahoe repaired. The garage has already been such a blessing to us!

I bought a runner for the kitchen. It's washable which is a plus, and it's red!



I like it.

Today I have the little girls. There was a death in Kayleigh's extended family and Kamryn went to the funeral with Nate and Kay. 

The temperatures were very cold last week but we are on a warming trend. It's supposed to be nearly 50 by the end of the week! I'm glad because that means the rain we are going to get will not be snow!

I'm finally getting inspired about my bedroom and I'm working on ideas for it. Can't wait to get that done and be settled.

I'm scouring FB Marketplace daily for chairs, a pine hutch, and whatever else catches my eye for my English Country Cottage.

Last night I cut up root vegetables - potatoes, butternut squash (frozen and already cut), carrots, onions - and added cut up broccoli to a big roasting pan and added chicken tenderloins to it. I seasoned it all up (salt, fresh ground pepper, garlic powder, chili powder, Italian seasoning) drizzled it all in butter and baked it for an hour! It's an easy one pan dinner and delicious!

What have you been up too?




3 comments:

  1. I love your new runner! It is perfect for your new kitchen and it looks just like you! This addition has been such a blessing for your family. I am excited to see the things that you do with your master suite . . . and really, anywhere else in the house! It's so rewarding to improve and beautify your living space.

    I like your winter supper idea. Nutritious and seasonal and sounds delicious.

    ~ Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. That one sheet dinner sounds so warm and comforting. We have warmed up here too and are having rain again - no more ice and snow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that red runner is just so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  We had a party weekend at our cottage! We have four immediate family birthdays in May, my Dad's was on Sunday. On Saturday however, Mo...