Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, January 15, 2024

Weekend

 


I had a fun weekend until a cold showed up Saturday night!

Tim, Sarah, my parents, and I played a card game called Quiddler on Friday night. Have you ever played it? Some of my family like to play more cutthroat ways, but I like it when we can help each other!

 


Then Sarah went to read and the rest of us played SkyJo. It's a lot of fun, too!




Mom loves to play games and so we try to make time to do that on weekends.

We all slept in on Saturday, then Tim and Kyle delivered Mom's piano to a homeschool family we know. It makes her sad to not keep it but she doesn't play anymore and doesn't want to find room for it. 

Do you know it's almost impossible to give pianos away?

I met up with some longtime friends for lunch at the Speckled Hen in Strasburg. One of our group is going to teach ESL for 6 weeks in Jordan, and is leaving soon. It was great to be together. These are strong women who love the Lord, but none of our lives have been easy or perfect. 

Later that evening I felt like I was getting clogged sinuses, which happens from time to time. I did all the things but still have a cold. It's okay. I feel better today than I did yesterday, and yesterday I didn't feel horrible. I just stayed home and rested and kept my germs to myself. 

The photo at the top of the pages shows I still have some small trees and a poinsettia in the living room. They are cheery, and so they'll stay for a while.

Praying for those in the south that are getting a lot of snow, including our daughter and family! Thankfully our son in law works from home most days, and won't have to be out on the roads. Emma grew up in PA so she knows what to do if their power goes out, etc. They have a nice fire place in their living room and can all camp out in there if needed.

We are supposed to get a few inches of snow tonight here at the cottage. We'll see!




6 comments:

  1. It's a lot colder than we're used to her in TX, but it'll warm back up in a day or two. We just had a dusting of powdery snow-12F degrees for a high yesterday, but better today. Stay warm and safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There’s a place here that takes in pianos and tunes them and then gives them away for free for those who play as well as schools and churches. Who would have thought? All types and sizes of pianos - all free.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cold here...and I know about piano's! I wonder why? Free is good...lol
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deanna
    Same here ,same symptoms just showed up yesterday so I am guessing I will have to cancel plans for the next few days ugh!
    Winter is not my favorite especially January my birthday month. We love the speckled hen one of our favorites ❤️. I love word games we just bought one at Christmas called wordsmithery Feel better Sharon from nj

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry that you're not feeling well. I hope that it is short-lived. As much as I have seen Quiddler in homeschooling catalogs, I have never played it. We had a lot of fun this weekend with Bekah's new game , "Cards Christians Like." It can be so funny!

    Take care of yourself!

    ~ Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband had a cold that wouldn't seem to go away, we called the doctor and got him in to make sure it was just a cold. Feel better my friend! We love games too, card games are fun and I haven't heard of these two. Enjoy your day, stay warm and cozy! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  We had a party weekend at our cottage! We have four immediate family birthdays in May, my Dad's was on Sunday. On Saturday however, Mo...