Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Saturday, June 27, 2009

I'm Back!

We actually got back on Thursday about 7:30 pm, but we have been busy doing some projects here at home. Of course, yesterday I needed to go get groceries. For some reason all these people insist on eating regularly!

Today I did some cleaning, major dusting and vacuuming. I also made homemade vanilla ice cream for later, made dinner, and am working on a dish to take to our fellowship meal tomorrow...Emily will work on a dessert for tomorrow later.

I worked in my garden yesterday - it is overgrown and weedy - ick. In the fall, I think I will transplant much of what is in the front flower beds, putting it around in the back, and just keep the front with a cleaner, less jungle like look!

I snagged a few photos from Melissa's blog today from the wedding. Lindsay's camera card with wedding photos is missing. Fortunately for us she downloaded almost every thing on Aunt Esther's computer, so even if it is lost forever, the photos aren't!



Here are my beautiful nieces and their lovely Momma...Crystal and Andy wanted Crystal's Mom and Dad to stand up with them so they were both part of the wedding party as well as parents of the bride!

Melissa, Crystal, Esther

Crystal and Andy - They vowed to wait on God for a mate and at the right time, a mutual friend introduced them. They were both visiting Texas at the time. She lived in Florida and he in Utah. They talked on the phone every week.

Here is the happy couple during their first dance.

As they left for their honeymoon, they were showered with bubbles!
That is us on the left side of the photo with my great friend Jane in blue. My little girls are in the pink dresses on the right!


I will be posting many more photos of our trip....it was a whirlwind but so much fun.

It's great to be back!

4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean, I keep wondering why it is that my family seems to need 3 meals *every* day?

    The pictures are beautiful! It sounds like it was a lovely wedding and a great trip.

    Glad you're back home safely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see you tomorrow.
    We have been soooo busy...but it has been good.

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures. I think the one of Crystal and Andrew dancing is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...