Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Saturday


This is a photo of our barn on Christmas day...it looks nearly the same now, only more snow on the ground and none on the roof! While the snow is lovely to look at and makes for fun playing for the kids, it makes everyday work much more difficult.

For instance, our barn is across our small creek, a ways from the house. When we need to load the barn with hay, we pull off the road and back up to the barn and load it in. With two feet of snow still on the ground, this is impossible to do. So today, Lindsay and Emily are shoveling a space off the road where the truck can pull and then they will need to make a path from there to the barn door. Tim is helping them. If we had a blower we could use that to do it much quicker, but the snow blower is my Dad's and they are 20 minutes away...by the time we went there and back the job could be done by shoveling. So they shovel.

Tim and I went this morning to pick up his truck - he had to have the windshield replaced, and while out we went to breakfast. We then went to a local feed store (different than the one we normally go to) to get grain for the horses. We had a nice talk with the owner about what feed to use for our aging horses. I love using a local place that care to know their customers. Plus they have some basic hardware items that we use regularly here on our property. This makes it convenient to make one stop for us, when these things are needed.
Tim also needs to do a pre inspection inspection of his truck, for things like brakes, which if there is a need he can replace before the inspection. He then wants to go help chop wood for family friends of ours whose Dad is helping the Dad from Hospitality Lane work on their car. I love to see the Body of Christ helping each other.

At our Bible Study last night, we were studying about Abraham believing God. He believed the promise that God gave him even to the point of sacrificing his son. He knew that "God Himself will provide the sacrifice." Read Genesis 22 for more about this. I pray that my faith would be as strong as Abraham's - to believe God's Promises, regardless of what the circumstances may be.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Psalm 19:14 is on my heart "May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer."

1 comment:

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  This lovely Calathea that I bought in Nashville last month is doing well in my living room. It does need to be repotted, and I think I'...