Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Friday, September 15, 2017

Hospitality:Hostessing The Parents Room At Co-Op



I know some of you saw one of these photos on Instagram and FB but I wanted to share a few more of our parents room at our co-op.  
We say parents room because Dad's are welcome, but we don't usually have any at our co-op days.

Part of my role as hostess is to talk to people and encourage them so I didn't get all the photos taken that I wanted to.  

 Cold drinks on a tray.  The humidity was high this day and the drinks containers had a lot of condensation on them.  Having the tray kept it from puddling on the counter.

This room is in the basement of the church we meet in and has no widows or fresh air source.  It gets a bit musty in this room, so I wanted to do something that would help the room smell nice.  We cannot burn candles so I turned to essential oils and a diffuser.


It changes colors but of course I caught it on white.  I diffused orange oil, cinnamon bark, and clove.  Very Autumn scented.

I brought a few of my dried hydrangea from home, for some prettiness.

We have a coffee pot, I brought a Keurig for decaf or flavored coffee, and we do have some cider and tea pods.  The electric kettles are for tea and hot cocoa.  Then of course are a variety of sweeteners, half and half and a coconut milk creamer for those who don't do dairy.

Down at the far end of the counter was the food.  I made our favorite cappuccino muffins, and some gluten free chocolate brownie cookies.  We made our homemade popcorn, cooked in coconut oil and salted only.  We brought pretzels, and some fresh veggies with a ranch dip.  One of the ladies brought tortilla chips and salsa.  

Of course I had seasonal plates and napkins.  

I met several of the new moms yesterday, helped answer questions, chatted with friends and encouraged a few people, I hope.

I get to do this for all 20 weeks of our co-op this school year, plus I'm hostessing our co-op Mom's Christmas party.  Can't wait for that!

I hope you all have a lovely weekend.

5 comments:

  1. You do, indeed, have the gift of hospitality! It all looks lovely and I'm sure it makes everyone feel more welcome and relaxed....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a welcoming space you have created!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a great job there at your co-op . . . one that is hand-picked for you!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

This And That

  Marketplace has been good to me once again! I found this darling loveseat for $40! It's clean with no stains. The cushion covers come ...