Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, May 14, 2018

Scenes From The Weekend

This weekend was busy but fun.

On Saturday, we planted the two David Austin roses I purchased last week, and the red quince I bought the week before.


While planting the quince, I noticed some Honeysuckle growing next to a Viburnum along the creek.  We clipped some to bring in.

I also clipped some of my Bridal Veil Spirea.

 Its fun that it is in bloom this week.  The wedding I am coordinating is this coming Saturday!  We've had heavy rains and thunderstorms so I am not sure the blooms on this plant will last long.  I'm glad I clipped some while I could!


We had everyone over for Mother's Day yesterday.  We bought steaks from Costco and marinated them for 24 hours.  We broiled them in the oven, and they were the best!  I found this helpful guide to cook times here, and a delicious marinade here.


We at a later lunch then, Kayleigh did a dip treatment on my nails.  The dip is very fine acrylic powder.  This did not increase the length of my nails, but since the color is acrylic, not polish, they will not chip or peal.  That is perfect for me with the wedding coming up.




They turned out really great and I'm looking forward to using this method in the years to come.  So handy having a nail tech in the family!

I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day!

7 comments:

  1. Oh your Spirea is beautiful! Brings back childhood memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deanne! Sounds like you had a fabulous Mother's Day! The steaks done that way sound amazingly delicious (and affordable, gotta love Costco!! I am a big big fan.)

    Funny, for Mother's Day I had a pedicure after my eldest hosted an amazing brunch for her sister and me. (Hostess isn't a mom so she does it every year now.) ♥ And I had never heard of the dipping nail thing until just yesterday, and now you are sharing. I have the weakest nails due to some medication I am taking - they are so thin and peel-y. My nail tech suggested dipping too - yours look fabulous - I am going to do it too! Thank you! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the scent of bridal wreath and the masses of flowers. We had steaks on the grill, which were delicious, but yours marinated and broiled would be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful weekend. I hope all the wedding preps go well. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the flowers!!!! Blog looks so nice! Been a bit since I have popped by. Hope you had a great Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it will be wonderful to have a nail tech in the family! Your nails look great. Let us know how long the treatment lasts.

    Sounds like your Mother's Day weekend was filled with good things! I'm sure you'll be busy this week with the wedding coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It been awhile. I am attempting to return to my blog and checking in on my blog friends. I love your flowers and the way you arrange decor. Your nails are also beautiful. Yes you are very lucky to have someone in the family to do them.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...