Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Thursday, March 21, 2019

Do You Have A Skin Care Routine?



I've always taken good care of my skin, and even in my teens, I rarely had breakouts.  I've used everything from Noxema (in my teens) to Lacura facial cleanser sold at Aldi.

Image result for lacura facial cleanser
You can read a review about this product {here}

I also use Lacura Face Care Q10 Day Cream and Lacura Face Care Q10 Night Cream.  


Image result for lacura face cream
You can read a review about these products {here}.

I've been happy with them, but I am looking for something to use to exfoliate the dead skin, something for daily use or at least a few times a week.  Any recommendations?

I also use Frankincense essential oil on my skin at night.  One drop with some of my night cream or coconut oil.  I've also just begun to use Witch Hazel as a toner a few days a week.

I've always been a basic kind of girl with my skin care, but I am very interested in finding out what others use on their skin and why.

I am 55 years old and my skin is in good condition over all.  I'm freckled, with a few age spots on my hands.  I feel like other than my face my skin tends to be dry. (hypothyroid related)

I'm hoping to start a conversation here so we can help each other out with issues for women who find themselves in midlife! (yes, I plan to live until I'm 110! lol)

So let's start a conversation about skin care today!  I'd love to hear what you use, what works for you, and what you've learned about products!

See you in the comments section! 

.

12 comments:

  1. Will be reading with interest, but I have zero tips to offer as I am not pleased with the condition of my skin these days. What does the Frankincense do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here is a good link to how franicense is good for your skin.
      https://helloglow.co/how-to-get-a-fresher-face-with-frankincense/

      Delete
  2. Baking soda is a great exfoliater.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too have used very little on my skin through the years, other than a moisturizer with sunscreen in it, as I garden and I like to keep my face protected. I have used Mary Kay products and love them, but now I am using Oil of Olay moisturizer with sunscreen and it is working well too. I use Immortelle, an oil blend sold by Doterra at night, and it has helped to tone my skin and keep it healthy. Other than that, I just use water to wash my face, as my skin tends to be on the dry side. Enjoying the conversation, and seeing what others use. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marilyn for commenting and letting us know about what you’re using on your skin!

      Delete
  4. I used Bonnie Belle's 10-06 Lotion as a teen and then a variety of things. For the past few years I've been using Vichy 3-in-1 Cleanser at night and no water. I splash my face with cold water in the morning or it gets wet in the shower, but other than that just the cleanser. In the morning I use Vichy's toner and moisturizer. I'm quite happy with my skin as I age. I've started using a serum under my moisturizer, but boy, it is expensive (I think). Fortunately, just a dab goes a long ways. It's supposed to brighten skin and I think it might be doing just that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use a variety of products to take care of my almost 65 year old skin. Neutrogena is one I really like. Have a blessed and beautiful day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Theresa! Neutrogena has been around for many years and is known for good basic skin care!

      Delete
  6. I used to use a great Neutrogena cleanser and Prescriptives face cream for years with great success. Of course, they discontinued both. Grrr. I did find a new Neutrogena cleanser and Clinique cream that have been ok. So far...

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...