Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Tea On Tuesday





Today I want to share how I make chicken salad.  Notice I didn't say recipe, because I don't have specific amounts of anything.


I start by cooking a whole chicken.  I boil it but you could roast it. When it cools, I take all the meat off the bones (you can then use the carcass to make stock), add sour cream (you can also add some mayo), salt, pepper, curry powder to taste, and grapes.

I put it in my Kitchen Aide bowl and then use the paddle attachment to mix it all together.  That's all I do.  It's so easy and makes delicious sandwiches for tea, or just as a salad on some greens.

Easy to do.  The chicken salad I made yesterday will be used for lunches this week.  We all love this chicken salad. Rachel told me yesterday its her favorite chicken salad, and she doesn't even like the kind I buy at Aldi sometimes.

Nashville had a tornado in the early morning hours, and more storms happening today.  The tornado was not near where our daughter and her family live, but it was a good reminder to pray, and that our lives are truly in His hands.  He will be with us in every circumstance.

I have a prayer request also.  My friend, whom you all prayed through her serious heart valve replacement surgery, is in the hospital with pneumonia.  She'll be there several days. She couldn't shake a cough so went to the doctor to be checked and her oxygen levels were so low they took her to the hospital by ambulance.

Pray for healing for her, and encouragement.  It's been a rough year.  She knows that God has been with her.

7 comments:

  1. Prayers for your friend and for all in the Nashville area! I love chicken salad, YUM! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chicken salad sounds delicious, I sometimes add apples to mine, always like grapes too!
    We were sorry to hear about the tragedy in Tenn., thoughts and prayers too for your neighbor, prolonged illness does wear on one.
    Have a great day,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keeping your friend in prayer. Slapping my forehead, someone- a fellow blogger asked me about how did I make my chicken salad (nearly same as yours). I forgot all about sharing the recipe.

    Have a great day, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear everyone is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have recipes for most things I cook...this looks great. And yes, prayers all the way around. Glad everyone is safe, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sour cream and curry powder are new to me but I’m going to add this to my next chicken salad! And I do love the Aldi ones in a pinch.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds interesting Deanna...I have never had chicken salad made with sour cream....it's the perfect recipe to serve with tea....sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  This lovely Calathea that I bought in Nashville last month is doing well in my living room. It does need to be repotted, and I think I'...