Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Sing A New Song




As we get further into this lock down for the virus, I'm thinking about not so lovely things, so I am trying to focus on the Lord and how He is at work in the world. I want to be able to see Him even in hard things or challenging times.




One thing is for certain; He is with us.  Our church's message on Sunday was from Psalm 98 "Sing to the Lord a new song."  The pastor who gave the message mentioned about how God wants us to not only sing the 'old songs' of what He has done, but to also be singing 'new songs' about Him and his goodness.  We are to shout praises, and to sing.

In the discussion time as a family, we talked about how God created us in his image and one of the things he does is sing.  In fact scripture says that he "rejoices over you with singing."  Isn't that amazing?  Also all of his created beings sing.



Singing is something I love to do, and its always been a part of my life.  In this time, where it would be easy to be frustrated and overwhelmed, I want to remember to daily sing praise to Him. To remember all He has done for me, and to sing it out!

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes a challenge to come up with a new song in a time of "same-o~same-o." I'll have to be observant today. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how true. HE does rejoice over us with singing....and HE intercedes for us...and HE protects us....and HIS Word is a delight to read. A great reminder that HE is in control and HE is sovereign. We are blessed.
    So happy to see the Lilacs are blooming where you are!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

This And That

  Marketplace has been good to me once again! I found this darling loveseat for $40! It's clean with no stains. The cushion covers come ...