Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, May 4, 2020

The Wedding Is On!

Well, we've kicked into high gear again on the wedding plans.  The wedding is a go!  It will be small, of course, but they'll be married. 

The Lord has taught me some lessons during this time.  It's been stressful - will everything work out? Will we be able to order flowers? Where will they marry? So many unknowns.  My planner mind tries to figure out all the details, and work through issues, and we felt we were coming up against barriers, literally and figuratively.

My God, however, has made a way, in his timing all the details have come together.  So grateful and a reminder to rest in him and trust him.

The company I order flowers through has started to ship again into our area, so I was able to get a flower order in last week.  If not we would have been praying my peonies into maturity, cutting flowering shrubs, etc.  That would have been okay, too.  I'm glad however, with all the downsizing of the wedding we've had to do, we can still have the flowers she wanted.  





A local restaurant is doing a catering order for our small group, so we'll even have a nice little meal after the wedding.  We are going to make cupcakes for this meal, saving the wedding cake for the big reception that we have planned for late summer.

This season of the virus has caused us all to have to be creative, and to adjust our expectations.  We've seen lovely small weddings during this time.

We also are planning to either live stream the ceremony or at least record it so that everyone who was invited originally can still watch them marry.  I'm excited about this!

The weather here is lovely and that is very cheering! If its nice outside where you are I trust you are sitting outside in the fresh air and sunshine. Our bodies need the vitamin d to boost our immune systems!

Happy Monday, all!



9 comments:

  1. I have been soaking up the Vit D a little each day and it feels good. I pray that the wedding plans continue forward, small is still beautiful! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on being able to have the wedding. Yes, this is a time to make due with what you can in any way. I hope the day will be wonderful for Everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news, Deanna! So thankful and happy for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such good news!!! It will be beautiful if you have anything to do with it! And a wedding to remember and tell their children to come about!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful news. It will be a wedding to remember, for many reasons!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my . . . aren't we all learning lessons during this time?! (I know that I am!)

    I am so happy that new plans are in place and that the wedding is on!! Hallelujah! It will be a beautiful day of celebration as two hearts are joined together!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

This And That

  Marketplace has been good to me once again! I found this darling loveseat for $40! It's clean with no stains. The cushion covers come ...