Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Friday, July 10, 2020

Friday Five: Garden Edition


My garden is in need of weeding, mulch, and deadheading.  However, there is still beauty to see and I am going to share it with you today.

1. Echinacea - It's thriving in the garden.  I can't wait until the autumn when the finches visit the garden to eat the seed heads of these flowers.


2. Hollyhock - Still going strong in the garden.  We haven't had a lot of rain but the rain we have had have been torrential downpours.  I may need to stake these flowers.


3. Daylily - The color is more vibrant in person.  


4. Larkspur - Years ago Rachel scattered some seeds she had and every year they self seed. Such a pretty flower.


5. Annabelle Hydrangea - Some are laying down because of heavy rain the other day, but most are upright.  This bush is big in the corner of the Cottage Garden and on the right you can see some peony leaves.


I hope you are all finding a way to thrive in the midst of the craziness.  Or maybe its just crazy here in Pennsylvania.  Sigh...

2 comments:

  1. Love the variety and colors of the daylilies...wish I had more!

    Yes, crazy times. It helps not to listen to the media and, when and if one does, not to believe the vast majority of it. Have your own trusted sources.

    Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this lovely glimpse into your garden. Beautiful flowers. Love the larkspur. And that deep purple hollyhock. Rick has been staking our plants as they've been growing. I cannot imagine the mess they'd be in with all the rain we've been having. I'm grateful for his TLC in the garden, because if it was up to me, the peonies would be soaking up the mud right now.

    Wishing you a beautiful weekend...
    Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...