Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Skin Care Over Fifty


I have always taken good care of my skin.  I never go to sleep with makeup on, and I try to use good, affordable products.  For many years now I also moisturize; my face especially. 

I've shared before that I use Aldi's brand of face care products.  We've been limited to the hydrating facial cleanser, and the day and night creams, until recently.




Image result for lacura facial cleanser

Image result for lacura face cream

The cleansing exfoliating scrub and foaming gel cleanser have recently become available and I've been using them.  All the Lacura products work well on my skin and are not harsh.


Lacura Cleansing Exfoliating Scrub + Lacura Foaming Gel Cleanser ...


I'm a pretty basic girl when it comes to skin care, I've not used any of the acid products available.  I think it's because I don't really know what is safe for my skin and what could be problematic.


As you can see from the photo from last week, I'm freckled.  However, I am starting to get some age spots (I'm 56) and am using frankincense added to my moisturizer every day.  This has helped some but I guess I am curious now about other products on the market for aging skin.
 

I'd be interested in hearing just what you use on your skin.  Any must use products?  Testimonials?  I'd love to chat in the comments!

9 comments:

  1. I have used Boots number 7 products for years. They arent expensive but are good quality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little Poet Vlog discusses a lot about skin care. She's my age and looks terrific. I don't so will forego offering advice. Age spots...ugh. I have them and hate them. Frankincense you say? I have some of that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nutrition Express's JUDY LINDBERG INTENSE RENEWAL SERUM is a healthy way to nourish skin. It's wonderful. I wash my face with baby soap then apply beauty serum on face and neck. I'm 64.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a senior and should probably pay attention to caring for my skin. My friend came over for coffee yesterday, we sat on the patio six feet apart, and she gave me a gift bag of Estee Lauder skin products Macy's store gave her. They are "revitalising" and I will give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sil turned me on to Clinique many years ago for cleaning my skin. My skin is a #2; Dry combo; Liquid Soap, Toner and Moisturizer. I also use the undereye cream. But, I have to change out moisturizers during the change in seasons. During the Winter I use E.L.F. with Jojobo and Vitamin E. Oy, age spots...sigh. Then again, I have freckles, so, really one can't tell anyways, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have two always, sunscreen and serum under the moisturizer. I like the Boots (sold in Walgreens) serum. It's very well priced and stood up well in the Good Housekeeping trials. I'm also using the Boots moisturizer. My sunscreen is Supergoop number 50. I only use it on my face and it's got an oil base which is good for my dry skin. I'm almost 70 and I'm happy with my skin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, your skin looks great. I'm 47 this year and have never used moisturiser or any other skin care product other than makeup remover. I could do with starting I think! It's interesting to read that Aldi's products are good, we have one locally so I'm might pop in and get some :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been looking for some new skin care products, I will give this a try. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice and informative article

    You can check my article about glowing skin I am sure that will be useful
    Secret Korean method for glowing skin with quick method

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...