Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Pretty Christmas Pillows

 When it comes to Christmas decor, most years the only thing I buy is lights to replace strings that have burned out.  On occasion, something catches my eye and I buy it.  This year, in the year of lockdowns and no normalcy, I bought a pillow cover, and a new pillow!  {grin}

I was reading Liz Marie Galvan's blog one day in late October, I believe and she shared some items from H&M Home. This pillow cover stood out to me for the prettiness and simplicity and that deep green.  You know my love for red, and especially red plaid, so the fact that I actually purchased this deep green pillow cover (it was on sale and less than $10) was kind of surprising to me.  The next surprise was how long it took to arrive.  It was about three weeks, and I began to wonder if it would come in time for Christmas decorating!  But it did and I have no regrets!  Win for me is that I had a pillow form to fit it perfectly.  The sad thing is that it is no longer showing on H&M Home's website.  There is a lovely red velvet pillow...but I'm having self control.


My second pillow purchase this season is a wonderful red plaid pillow from Target! It was not on sale but I bought it anyway! I love it.  Sarah loved it too, not because of the plaid and how cute it is, but because it is 'soft and squishy.'  She loved having it while curled up reading.


This year I am doing a bit of decorating at a time, but will likely finish it up by the end of the week.

Have you begun decorating for Christmas?  If you have a blog, or and Instagram, and have shared your decor, while you leave me a link in the comments so I can come and see?  I love to see how people celebrate the season in their homes!

4 comments:

  1. So pretty!!!!!

    I have not had a Christmas Pillow in a long time. -smile- It might be time, to re-start the tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not too long ago, I put up a post, with photos from Christmasss-Past. Decorations. Maybe you would have fun, looking at this post.

    Photos....

    Hope I did the click-able link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love seeing all the decorating, too. Very little decorating here, but I did get my "ghost tree" fired up in the barn/garage upstairs. I wouldn't want my neighbors to think I was Scrooge. 😳

    I really like your elegant green pillow. Course, "squishy" can be very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's fun to splurge on a little something special each year at Christmas! It brings a bit of freshness to our holiday homes! I have begun decorating. . . but I'm not finished yet. I am super excited about my tree this year!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

This And That

  Marketplace has been good to me once again! I found this darling loveseat for $40! It's clean with no stains. The cushion covers come ...