Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, January 24, 2022

Weekend

 

Friday I went and got my hair cut. It was basically a big trim because I don't go regularly. This time I have my next haircut already scheduled!


We ate leftovers for dinner and played some Rummykub afterward. It was fun. Saturday was a puttering day here at home for me. I swapped the couch and the two club chairs to make more room between the kitchen table and the chairs. The walkway was tight.

Kyle went with Rachel who was picking up some FB Marketplace purchases, and Tim decided to rent a stump grinder and help out some friends who had stumps that needed to be ground. Kyle met up with him because the second place he was going was to the family of Kyle's best friend! The guys ground out 11 stumps at that home property. (They have 18 acres)

In the meantime I got some reading in, watched a movie, and was basically only responsible for myself until they got home. Of course my parents were around and they had Kamryn this weekend, so I wasn't really alone.

When my guys got home, I peeled some potatoes, Tim chopped and we got them ready to cook for lunch on Sunday. I also popped a turkey into the oven to slow roast for Sunday, as well. It was so good. Slow roasted turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, and Rachel made some green beans. She and Wes came for lunch after church, hung around for the afternoon, too.

We had some light snow.


In late afternoon, I made some Snickerdoodle cookies. They were really good. You can find the recipe {here}.


I often use recipes from Sally's Baking Addiction, and this one did not disappoint, either! Snickerdoodles are one of my favorite cookies. 

Did you see the March for Life video this weekend, or the March Against Mandates? Both were huge gatherings! So grateful to see people getting out and standing for our Constitutional rights.

Here is a 45 second video from the March for Life.


This week is shaping up to be a busy one for me. I will also try to get photos of the rearrangement of the living room, and my haircut, too.

I hope your weekend was good. I'm a optimist and I hope you are encouraged, friends. Remember which side controls the media and the narrative. They'll always make it seem as if everything is doom and gloom. It's not. Good things are happening. 

5 comments:

  1. Your turkey dinner sounds good. We have like 18 inches of snow on the ground here and it snowed again last night. I will be so happy when we move next month/March to Florida. These old bones just can't take the minus temps anymore. ANYWAYS, NY state has a lot of those draconian rules. My employer has decided to go against the SCOTUS and mandate vaccines and/or testing once a week. I have decided NOT to entertain either or--hence will prob. lose my job. At this point, I just don't care. Like my husband said, "We are moving to a free state, Linda. Please don't worry yourself over this."

    Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mentioned (in my comments) it being difficult to get the size right, when you do a Header. My suggestion, write down the size, which you find FITS!!!! And then, simply make your new headers, that size.

    Experimenting about the size of your Header space, and trying, trying, trying, seem to be a part of the blogging process. LOL Now, I know, that my Header pics have to be 1150 "whatever." So I make them that.

    I miss the old way...... Though I actually can't remember how it "went"! LOL Seemed easier, in retrospect. :-)

    Thank you, Tom
    Still The "G.O.A.T." !!!
    🐐 🐐 🐐 🐐 🐐 🐐 🐐 🐐


    ReplyDelete
  3. The March for Life was great...what a wave of people! Thank you for the encouragement. We need all the positives we can get. Yes! I want to see the rearranged living room and your haircut!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never hear of that game. I need to go look it up now. We're big game players over here and always looking for a fun one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love games, puttering days, and turkey dinners! Sounds like a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Good Friday