Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Weekend

 I hope you all had a wonderful Labor Day!

We've been back to school for a week, but now all schools are back in session, and the official end of summer has arrived. We still have some summer heat happening but it is going to cool off this weekend, and start to have moderate temperatures!

This is my favorite season of the year!

I want to show you a photo that my niece Melissa shared. She lives in Alaska and took this incredible photo of Fireweed.


I ran it through my Waterlogue app and it turned out great!


So pretty!

Tim, our friends, and me took a drive in the morning and went looking for covered bridges.







We visited four bridges, three of them crossed the Octororo creek. This creek follows the county line between Lancaster County and Chester County.

My friend Jane got these two photos below.




We ate at an Amish store and cafe for lunch, then home to prepare for our family and another friend to join us for dinner. We grilled homemade burgers and hot dogs, I made potato salad, we had watermelon, and chips, and cantaloupe.

It was fun.

I need to run Kyle to work, and pick up the girls for school.

Have a great day! 

4 comments:

  1. Pretty flower! When we were in Vermont, we looked for covered bridges! Beautiful country.
    Happy week!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a really fun Labor Day!! The fireweed photo is beautiful. Enjoyed seeing the covered bridges too. We are blessed to have quite a few in our area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, we don't have any covered bridges in our area. They are super charming. I don't think I've even been on one...Lucky you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here we are at the end of another weekend . . . and I am just catching up with last weekend! Life is so busy these days, but that's how it must be in this season.

    It sounds like a lovely weekend for you! I hope this one has been as good . . . full of family, friends, good food, and maybe even a little adventure. Those covered bridges are so charming!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  We had a party weekend at our cottage! We have four immediate family birthdays in May, my Dad's was on Sunday. On Saturday however, Mo...