Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, March 25, 2024

Things I Like

 Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. Her post is {here}.


First thing I like is this guy right here. We were out yesterday enjoying the sunshine and the eagles flying at the Conowingo Dam.


So, other things I like -

Books - Especially Jane Austen, Anne of Green Gables series, books by Barbara Cornthwaite, Dee Henderson, Laura Childs Tea Shop Mysteries, Lori Wick. I like biographies and autobiographies, and non fiction as well.

I like Tea! Brewing tea, making scones, lemon curd and cream! I love chatting with a friend over tea. I love drinking a cup of tea in the evening while reading or watching something.

I like British TV shows. Vera, Shetland, Doc Martin, Death in Paradise, Lewis, Madame Blanche, and more!

I like gardens - all kinds of them. Big gardens, little ones, public gardens and private gardens. I enjoy seeing what is growing in the gardens. My favorite flowers are peonies, roses, hydrangea, zinneas, hollyhocks, daisies, coneflower, larkspur, poppies, queen ann's lace.

I like my home. I like having a space to take care of and make a welcoming place for others to visit and share a meal. 

I like planning events. I enjoy seeing people gather and have fun together.

I like my family. I like my friends. I like my church. I like online friends who I do not know in person.

I think this is enough for now. 

What things do you like?


5 comments:

  1. Great list! There are a lot of things on your list that would be on mine, too. I especially love British TV shows, and I would also add the beach! Big surprise. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deanna
    Well for starters I like the picture of you and your husband, pure love. I like taking walks with my husband ,grands, friends.
    All things nature, clouds, breezes, birds the ocean with its salty air and sounds. A good meal that is made from scratch. You tube videos of cottage decorating. Traveling. Reading fiction and non fiction as well. Redecorating (just finished painting our kitchen cabinets) looking in thrift stores So much more to be grateful for .Enjoy your week
    Sharon k from nj

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list...I found myself liking the same tings as you...except, planning events.
    Happy Easter!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your post, Deanna! We share many similar likes. A great photo of you and your fellow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post and Brenda's too! It was a fun read and I have begun a list of my own. (Wonder if I'll ever get around to posting it? I have so many posts begun but not published.) Love the photo of you and Tim!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

This And That

  Marketplace has been good to me once again! I found this darling loveseat for $40! It's clean with no stains. The cushion covers come ...