Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, March 4, 2024

Welcome March

 

On Leap Day this year we went to our friends' surprise 15th birthday dinner! He's actually 60 but he's only had 15 birthdays. It was a lot of fun.

I woke today to the birds singing outside. That was a happy thing. March has come in quietly, with a bit of rain.

Yesterday was lovely, though.


Late afternoon and still in the upper 50's! 

I've been working on my hutch a bit. I added some greenery, and some small bunnies, and birds.


My daughter had been collecting this pattern Old Britain Castles by Johnson Brothers for a few years. A couple of years ago she asked me if I still had the ivy Corelle plates, and if I did, did I want to trade dishes. 

I did have them and gladly traded. I would have just given them to her, but I like this sweet pattern and was happy to take them off her hands.

For her the ivy plates work well with her busy family and there are a lot of them. Win-Win.




This corner is an area where I need to work. I need to sort what is on that red table, and see if I can move it elsewhere.



This tall cabinet used to be in the living room space with books and dishes on it. I like it here, the size is good visually, but the shelves need some work.

I made a quick video this morning of the living room/dining space. I'm standing where our old kitchen door was. It is now the door to the laundry room and how we go out to the garage.


We still have work on the walls in the dining space, I'm thinking about a rug or rugs for this space as well. The chandelier will move, and we are going to put some pot lights in a few spots for extra lighting.

This week is a busy one, but Tim and I head out in the afternoon on Thursday to go to Tennessee to celebrate Emma and Vinnie's birthdays which are one day apart and happen this Friday and Saturday! Wednesday is grand girlie Stella's 2nd birthday! We are taking her gift with us! Lots of joy and celebrating this weekend. I'm excited to be a part of it!




6 comments:

  1. The hutch is looking beautiful and I so love those Johnson Brothers dishes! Have a truly wonderful weekend and stay safe. So glad you get to go and celebrate birthdays with your TN family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! I love the video, you have such a great space and it's nice to see it "live" so we can see how it all fits together! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dish trade sounds like a win-win! Your new hutch is looking so nice!

    A Leap Day birthday is fun! This was the first Leap Day that we had without Ron's mom. She passed away right after her Leap Day birthday four years ago. I thought of her a lot that day and missed her!

    Happy March to you! It sounds like there is lots to enjoy this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also like Johnson Bros dishes...I have some in blue and white.
    Loved seeing the house in the video!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love seeing your home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i always love to see the new and pretty in your home, and learn what's the latest in family and other concerns. love the johnson brothers dishes!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

  I'm loving my deck flowers. Twice in the last few weeks, we've had frost overnight so we've had to bring the flowers into the ...