Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Let's Chat



Photo from Sunday Morning.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Mine was very enjoyable.
After church, Sarah and I, and several friends from church all drove together to our mutual friends' baby shower! It's crazy how I'm now the grandma, along with my friends. It's our kids who are the ones having babies! It was a fun afternoon and I am always so happy to celebrate the blessings in all our lives!

 I didn't intend to not post on Monday, but my dad had an early appointment at the VA, and as it's an hour drive we had to leave even earlier.

It's an easy trip, and after his appointment mom, dad, and I went to breakfast. Then we stopped at their favorite candy store, Wilbur Chocolates in Lititz, then I drove over to Costco for fuel.

Yesterday, Kyle had his nerve repair surgery which went very well. It is such fine and delicate work, The doctor said that the stitches are finer than a shaft of hair! We are thankful for the skill of this surgeon, and for his kind and thoughtful manner.

Today, I have all four local grandgirlies. I'll do school with Kamryn and Klaire and the other two will just play. They come early so they are all napping right now. It makes for happier children later in the day.

This past week Tim got my mom and dad's washing machine and dryer installed in their laundry room. It looks great!

The cabinets came from our old kitchen. Tim simply sanded them and gave them a fresh coat or two of paint! I took this photo from our doorway into our space, and the door to the garage is on the right and if you go left you come to the door into my parents living room.

Did you all enjoy the eclipse? We had cloudy skies so our viewing was intermittent. We were to get to 90% here but it never got very dark.

We are having lovely weather right now, and I am enjoying it very much.  

We have so much to be thankful for. God is so good to us.

                                                    

3 comments:

  1. Love the w/dryer! Everything looks so nice!
    It was totally dark here...
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad Kyle's surgery went well. I agree with you, we were 90% covered, but it wasn't very dark. It was neat to see though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a delightful post! I love reading about the big and small blessings from our Father to you and your family! I am very thankful that Kyle's delicate surgery went so well! Time with Tim, time with your grandgirlies, time with your parents. Laundry room updates. A baby shower. All delights, all gifts!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

  I'm loving my deck flowers. Twice in the last few weeks, we've had frost overnight so we've had to bring the flowers into the ...