Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Tuesday, April 23, 2024

This And That

 


Marketplace has been good to me once again! I found this darling loveseat for $40! It's clean with no stains. The cushion covers come off so we gave them a washing as soon as we got home with it. It's a hit with everyone who has sat in it so far; Tim and I, the grandgirls, Sarah and I, our cat Watson. He's used it the most so far!

It may be moving to a different spot in the living room, but today while I was out on a fieldtrip, my guys moved the desk, computer, and cabinet to the room we are using as an office now. They were on this wall where the loveseat is currently. 

Of course the artwork has to move and we need a side table or two as well. Bit by bit our space is getting cozier and cozier!


Our church kids ministry leader came over this morning to talk tea. We are having a Mom and Me tea at church hosted by the Kid's ministry on Saturday. Funny thing is I'm going with Mom to her church's ladies tea on Friday evening!

Anyway, I made tea and scones to munch while we discussed what she wanted to use of my tea things. I'm bringing cups, tea pots, and a punch bowl. 


After she went on her way, Kayleigh and I took the girls down to the park alongside the Conowingo Dam and watched the Bald Eagles! There are so many and you can watch them fly, dive for fish, sit on a tree branch or land in their nests. Very cool.

I hope you had a great weekend, and are doing well. We must continue to pray for our nation, and to live our lives as well as we can. Don't give into fear. Fear is a liar and keeps us slaves.

See you again on Friday!

2 comments:

  1. That is an unbelievable find...and in my all time favorite fabric pattern. Lucky you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the oversized chair! I had one exactly like it, in red! LOVED it but it wore out. I miss it. You could fit a football field in it! lol
    Love the teapot, as well!
    I'm so tired of all the bad news...and Biden won't help.
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

  I'm hurrying this morning to get this post done, as I am off to tea soon! Mom, my friend Jennifer, and I are going to our favorite tea...